Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Morgan has had a hate on for Meghan for quite a while. He's part of the UK media that the couple wanted to get away from.

 

Just to warm everyone's hearts a bit, apparently a weatherman on Good Morning Britain called Morgan out yesterday on air, causing the blowhard snowflake to storm (pun intended) off the set.

 

Someone who commented on Twitter was on point: "Surely Piers knows if you give it, you gotta be able to take it"

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/celebrity/piers-morgan-storms-off-good-morning-britain-set-after-his-meghan-markle-remarks-challenged/ar-BB1epvPC?li=AAggFp5

 

:lol:

 

Piers Morgan has left his role as a presenter on Good Morning Britain, ITV has announced.

The announcement comes after broadcasting regulator Ofcom launched an investigation after it received more than 41,000 complaints regarding comment made by the presenter following Harry and Meghan's interview with Oprah Winfrey.

In a statement, the broadcaster said: "Following discussions with ITV, Piers Morgan has decided now is the time to leave Good Morning Britain.

"ITV has accepted this decision and has nothing further to add."

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

:lol:

 

Piers Morgan has left his role as a presenter on Good Morning Britain, ITV has announced.

The announcement comes after broadcasting regulator Ofcom launched an investigation after it received more than 41,000 complaints regarding comment made by the presenter following Harry and Meghan's interview with Oprah Winfrey.

In a statement, the broadcaster said: "Following discussions with ITV, Piers Morgan has decided now is the time to leave Good Morning Britain.

"ITV has accepted this decision and has nothing further to add."

MOST excellent news!! :towel:

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 3
  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

:lol:

 

Piers Morgan has left his role as a presenter on Good Morning Britain, ITV has announced.

The announcement comes after broadcasting regulator Ofcom launched an investigation after it received more than 41,000 complaints regarding comment made by the presenter following Harry and Meghan's interview with Oprah Winfrey.

In a statement, the broadcaster said: "Following discussions with ITV, Piers Morgan has decided now is the time to leave Good Morning Britain.

"ITV has accepted this decision and has nothing further to add."

I'll add to @Cerridwen's comment and say that if I never have to see or hear that wanker again, I might just have to start believing that there is a Santa Claus...

 

Good Morning Britain just got a whole lot gooder.....

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

MOST excellent news!! :towel:

I never really understood the pathology behind Piers Morgan’s attacks on Meghan and Harry, until I saw this clip (at the bottom of the tweet):

 

 

Morgan being a staunch royalist never really seemed sufficient to explain the depths he’d go to, when it came to attacking Markle in the press.

 

But him thinking friendly drinks years ago was a date, and then harassing Meghan in the media, ever since he felt she ghosted him, that really explains it. 
 

He’s always come off as a creepy incel stalker, when it came to his coverage of Markle, and now it’s pretty clear why. 
 

 

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Morgan is big dildo, Daily Mail and The Sun are as credible and believable as Jerry Springer show.

Even when I was a young lad living in Europe, prince Charles struck me as a big douche.

 

Princess Diane was the only one that struck me as very nice person and it was terrible that kids had to grow up without her.

As far as this whole brouhaha, MM could be telling tall tales for publicity but also I wound not be surprised if it’s all true.

 

Edited by CBH1926
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I never really understood the pathology behind Piers Morgan’s attacks on Meghan and Harry, until I saw this clip (at the bottom of the tweet):

 

 

Morgan being a staunch royalist never really seemed sufficient to explain the depths he’d go to, when it came to attacking Markle in the press.

 

But him thinking friendly drinks years ago was a date, and then harassing Meghan in the media, ever since he felt she ghosted him, that really explains it. 
 

He’s always come off as a creepy incel stalker, when it came to his coverage of Markle, and now it’s pretty clear why. 
 

 

So wounded pride because she ghosted him....who knew they had such fragile snowflakes in Britain, too! :lol:

(Methinks Ms  Markle had Piers' number even back then!)

  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Morgan is big dildo, Daily Mail and The Sun are as credible and believable as Jerry Springer show.

Even when I was a young lad living in Europe, prince Charles struck me as a big douche.

 

Princess Diane was the only one that struck me as very nice person and it was terrible that kids had to grow up without her.

As far as this whole brouhaha, MM could be telling tall tales for publicity but also I wound not be surprised if it’s all true.

 

"His son is working for the Daily Mail. It's a steady job, but he want's to be a paperback writer.....PAPERBACK WRITER!" 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

"His son is working for the Daily Mail. It's a steady job, but he want's to be a paperback writer.....PAPERBACK WRITER!" 

It's a good thing the kid didn't work for the Daily Mirror....McCartney never would have been able to figure out a lyric for that....

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

From the article:

 

Security costs for the Royal Family are one of the few royal expenses that are wholly taxpayer-funded. Queen Elizabeth II, who personally holds a massive portfolio of British real estate, pays for her car, her dresses and her Scottish summer retreat. But the cost of keeping her safe is funded entirely by the Home Office when she’s in the U.K., and by foreign governments when she’s on state visits.


It’s not cheap; protection costs for Queen Elizabeth and her various children and grandchildren costs the U.K. government up to $50 million per year. This sum grows even higher when factoring in the contribution of foreign governments.

 

******************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Interesting article.  So it's not like the Queen decided to stop personally financing protection for Harry and his family.  If the protection is taxpayer funded, there has to be rules about just who is covered.  And if Harry voluntarily stepped aside from the category of people who can be protected, well, really, it was his decision.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

From the article:

 

Security costs for the Royal Family are one of the few royal expenses that are wholly taxpayer-funded. Queen Elizabeth II, who personally holds a massive portfolio of British real estate, pays for her car, her dresses and her Scottish summer retreat. But the cost of keeping her safe is funded entirely by the Home Office when she’s in the U.K., and by foreign governments when she’s on state visits.


It’s not cheap; protection costs for Queen Elizabeth and her various children and grandchildren costs the U.K. government up to $50 million per year. This sum grows even higher when factoring in the contribution of foreign governments.

 

******************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Interesting article.  So it's not like the Queen decided to stop personally financing protection for Harry and his family.  If the protection is taxpayer funded, there has to be rules about just who is covered.  And if Harry voluntarily stepped aside from the category of people who can be protected, well, really, it was his decision.

I think i believe Harry over the Vancouver media lol!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bree2 said:

I think i believe Harry over the Vancouver media lol!

Yah , Harry was down to his last 50 million..... must be so hard......   still needed to find a free place to stay .... LOL>.....

Royal family......  time to get rid of them. .

Edited by kingofsurrey
Link to post
Share on other sites

Harry and Meghan - Keep loving your family, doing positive things and honoring the institutions that allow you such a beautiful life.

 Peace be with every person out there. 

 

Edited by Ms.Glitter
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, bree2 said:

I think i believe Harry over the Vancouver media lol!

I'm not following you.   Are you saying the article is wrong and that protection for the Royal Family is not paid for by the British taxpayer?

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest I really could give less of a damn.
 

Maybe I am not empathetic but when you have the privilege to make these sort of complaints while being interviewed by Oprah I kind of don’t see the point in caring. You have it way better than 99% of people
 

There’s way more important crap going on. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

I'm not following you.   Are you saying the article is wrong and that protection for the Royal Family is not paid for by the British taxpayer?

if you watched oprah, protection is paid for by the firm, and that said firm said they would not protect Meghan and Archie even while living in the uk. Harry did the right thing in getting his family out of there . it is time for the firm and the Royal Family to come into the 21 century

  • Vintage 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, bree2 said:

if you watched oprah, protection is paid for by the firm, and that said firm said they would not protect Meghan and Archie even while living in the uk. Harry did the right thing in getting his family out of there . it is time for the firm and the Royal Family to come into the 21 century

I'm convinced that some of these  anti-Meghan and Harry folk never even watched the interview, bree2. If they had, they wouldn't be making such ignorant and uninformed comments.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, bree2 said:

if you watched oprah, protection is paid for by the firm, and that said firm said they would not protect Meghan and Archie even while living in the uk. Harry did the right thing in getting his family out of there . it is time for the firm and the Royal Family to come into the 21 century

I recall him talking about the lifting of security but I can't recall the details of what he said.

 

But here's another article that says security is government funded:

 

*****************************************************************************************************************************

 

Who pays for royal security?

 

Royals receive security for public duties and some of them are also protected around the clock by publicly funded security - namely The Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Camilla, Prince William, Kate and their three children.

 

This security is paid for by the UK government’s Treasury. The Treasury does not disclose the agreement regarding how much this costs or who benefits most from the agreement.

 

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/people/who-pays-for-royal-security-how-protection-for-the-royals-is-funded-and-why-meghan-and-harry-were-cut-off-3160006

 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

 

Is it possible Harry himself didn't realize the implications of what he was doing when he decided to step back?

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

I'm convinced that some of these  anti-Meghan and Harry folk never even watched the interview, bree2. If they had, they wouldn't be making such ignorant and uninformed comments.

Not here to question someones disclosure of mental health issue... of course that takes courage to discuss.  I can appreciate that she felt unsupported......and needed assistance.  Sad if true that she could not find any help.

 

Good journalism needs to provide both sides to a story.

 

Don't  really see any use for the royal family going forward...  they look like insensitive sponges living off of taxpayers.....

 

 

 

 

Edited by kingofsurrey
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...