The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

To be honest I really could give less of a damn.

Maybe I am not empathetic but when you have the privilege to make these sort of complaints while being interviewed by Oprah I kind of don’t see the point in caring. You have it way better than 99% of people

There’s way more important crap going on. 

You're right.  But I think one of the reasons I'm enjoying this discussion is because it provides a break from the more important, serious stuff.

(And yes, there are serious aspects to this topic but, c'mon, it's not like we're discussing Covid-19 here.)

19 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

To be honest I really could give less of a damn.

Maybe I am not empathetic but when you have the privilege to make these sort of complaints while being interviewed by Oprah I kind of don’t see the point in caring. You have it way better than 99% of people

There’s way more important crap going on. 

this is obviously true - but I think what makes this story so fascinating for people is that it has become -- as Politico put it -- a Rorschach test for political and social ideologies. in traditional low culture fashion, the roleplay is being performed on a stage using populist language and triggering words. but there actually isn't a clear picture at all. the cognitive dissonance required for some of these posts boggles the mind - you willfully have to ignore one detail to focus on the other, then create a story out of it

this is pure media schizophrenia 

And since his name was brought up earlier:

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

https://deadline.com/2021/03/piers-morgan-stands-by-his-meghan-markle-remarks-tweet-good-morning-britain-1234711098/

Piers Morgan has broken his hours-long silence after sensationally quitting Good Morning Britain on Tuesday — and the upshot is this: He’s not backing down.

In a Tweet on Wednesday morning UK time, Morgan said: “On Monday, I said I didn’t believe Meghan Markle in her Oprah interview. I’ve had time to reflect on this opinion, and I still don’t. If you did, OK. Freedom of speech is a hill I’m happy to die on. Thanks for all the love, and hate. I’m off to spend more time with my opinions.”

He tweeted an image of former British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, alongside the quote: “Some people’s idea of free speech is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone says anything back, that is an outrage.”

• Hydration 1
On 3/7/2021 at 9:52 PM, Cerridwen said:

People need to just leave this young family alone. Society seems to love nothing more than to build people up to only take great glee in tearing them down again. Surely there are more important things for people to be concerned about than what Harry, Meghan and family choose to do with their lives. They have every right to renounce the royal life and live their lives out of the fishbowl. Will society not be happy until they've destroyed them much as they did Harry's mother? Sad...just bloody sad that people have nothing better to do than tear people down just because of the colour of their skin, their birthright or the temerity of some who marry into the royal family.

Leave the people alone who go on Oprah to air their dirty laundry? 

Sure.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2
5 hours ago, GetFocht said:

Sure.

Exactly. They threw their issues into the fray of public opinion. 

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Exactly. They threw their issues into the fray of public opinion. 

Is was Oprah's show or  start  an Only Fans account.....   

heh, they were broke and down to their last 50 million.......   what option did they have....

The entire royal family is one messed up family... i thought my family was dysfunctional.... the royal's take dysfuction to another level....

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 1
52 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Is was Oprah's show or  start  an Only Fans account.....   

heh, they were broke and down to their last 50 million.......   what option did they have....

The entire royal family is one messed up family... i thought my family was dysfunctional.... the royal's take dysfuction to another level....

Being of Irish descent, I have no time for the monarchy. The whole idea is outdated and archaic. 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
On 3/12/2021 at 2:47 AM, GetFocht said:

Sure.

This is the point I don't get about this whole affair.   Harry and Meghan say they want privacy, yet they spill their beans stories to Oprah for  a world wide audience?

How can you have a private life while at the same time you blab everything to strangers.

So why?   They said they did not get any money.  What is the purpose of the interview except to make The Royal Family look bad.