The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has Elias Pettersson asked for a trade?

Rate this topic

AV.

In all honesty I think the organization should be ready to move on from Petey independent of whether he's unhappy here (which he definitely could be).

He's not a $10-million player and we can't afford to lock ourselves into a lengthy contract of that dollar amount.

It might be ideal just to trade him with his inflated value.

• Haha 2
  • RoughGame 3

8 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

So, are you suggesting there could be a play:

to VAN: Eichel

to BUF: Pettersson

Nah, let's keep Petey

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Benning put a bad contract on that, like a Myers or Eriksson. Maybe we get a 1st back as well?

• RoughGame 1

13 minutes ago, Vrienzy said:

Classic CDC, freaking out when somebody posts a fresh, well thought out take that goes against what they want to hear.

That's hilarious. One of Alain's buds from his fantasy hockey group comes out to white knight his damsel in distress. Pathetic.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 2

4 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

That's hilarious. One of Alain's buds from his fantasy hockey group comes out to white knight his damsel in distress. Pathetic.

even if that’s the case, CDC’s better off when it’s not an echo chamber, no?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 1

35 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

I've been reviewing some of the highlights from our miniseries against Winnipeg and I've struggled to pinpoint the moment where Elias Pettersson may have hurt himself.  I don't doubt the possibility of injury but I do question the genuineness and the severity of this knock.  This leads me to ask this question:  Has Elias Pettersson asked for a trade?

Much like Quinn Hughes and J.T. Miller, Elias Pettersson has been noticeably vocal in expressing his surprise about some of the decisions management has made since the team's heroic performance in the playoff bubble.  Now entering the final season of his entry-level contract and having been an absolute superstar since day one, it's well rumoured that Elias Pettersson will be seeking a contract in the range of what Auston Matthews is making.  While an ask of $10M-$11M annually is more than fair for the value that Elias Pettersson brings, the Canucks will also have to cater to Quinn Hughes and Thatcher Demko, navigate the expansion draft, and figure out how to make this all work financially.  As we have learned in the past, multitasking and time management is not something this management team is particularly exceptional at (see: Tyler Toffoli). 

With recent comments about Tanner Pearson being the main re-sign priority for the team, as well as factoring in the overall team performance from last year to this year, it is not out of the question to speculate that Elias Pettersson may see the writing on the wall.  Given his clear interests in growing his own brand (Twitch gaming, fashion crossovers, Barstool appearance), he may feel as though he isn't as revered by management to the same extent that fans revere him.  I would not be surprised if his absence is related to possible unhappiness and unwillingness to suit up for the team.  Do I think he's played his last game?  No.  However, I do think he isn't rushing himself to get back into the lineup, sort of like Jack Eichel in Buffalo.

What do we think?  

wow..... wait...

First thing I would like to mention is that you might missed the reason why Eichel is out for the Sabres. Here "u" go:

Eichel out

Sabres PR: Buffalo Sabres forward Jack Eichel will miss tonight’s game with an upper-body injury.

Elliotte Friedman: There have been some rumblings that Eichel could be out longer-term. There has been no clarification on this.

Aaron Ward: “My understanding is that this is an old injury ‘flare up’ and the reason he’s out. Because this could be long term, told he’s likely to seek a 2nd opinion. ”

Lance Lysowski: Sabres coach Ralph Krueger wouldn’t say if Eichel’s injury is a long-term injury. Krueger also wouldn’t say if the injury happened during the game against the Islanders on Sunday.

Fact is that he is injured and there is even a possibility that it's a long term injury.

Secondly I would like to mention that I watched Travis Green postgame presser with the postmedia. Someone from postmedia asked Travis about Pettersson's absence. Travis response was basically: injured, upper body, day to day. There is absolutely no reason why Travis should lie.

@Mods: Can we please close this thread? Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

wow..... wait...

First thing I would like to mention is that you might missed the reason why Eichel is out for the Sabres. Here "u" go:

Eichel out

Sabres PR: Buffalo Sabres forward Jack Eichel will miss tonight’s game with an upper-body injury.

Elliotte Friedman: There have been some rumblings that Eichel could be out longer-term. There has been no clarification on this.

Aaron Ward: “My understanding is that this is an old injury ‘flare up’ and the reason he’s out. Because this could be long term, told he’s likely to seek a 2nd opinion. ”

Lance Lysowski: Sabres coach Ralph Krueger wouldn’t say if Eichel’s injury is a long-term injury. Krueger also wouldn’t say if the injury happened during the game against the Islanders on Sunday.

Fact is that he is injured and there is even a possibility that it's a long term injury.

Secondly I would like to mention that I watched Travis Green postgame presser with the postmedia. Someone from postmedia asked Travis about Pettersson's absence. Travis response was basically: injured, upper body, day to day. There is absolutely no reason why Travis should lie.

@Mods: Can we please close this thread? Thanks.

Have you ever heard of a cover up story? This is exactly it.. both players are healthy... they dont want this to leak out to media... get a grip boii

Edited by Zigmund.Palffy
  • Sad 1