The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has Elias Pettersson asked for a trade?

Rate this topic

AV.

7 minutes ago, Qwags said:

This might be some of the best bait I've seen in a while.

And you idiots all fell for it.

I thnk you're really overestimating the bait.

The better/subtler troll game/bait is stuff like 'Quinn Hughes is the worst - D in the leaguez1' 

That stuff at least has a whiff of cherry to pick.

This thread...is pure fantasy gold.

6 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

How so? Is it because you can't provide any documentary evidence that the players were deliberately playing to get Benning and Green fired? Is that why?

You completely misunderstood the point.

There was absolutely nothing to the drama.  But the drama existed, for sure.  As I pointed out with a "source" and a reference to MacIntyre mocking it (ie the absurdity took enough root that people felt it necessary to reference it during an intermission segment.

It was a parallel fabrication - to this present attempt to fabricate nonsense.

We are essentially on the same page, C.

Edited by oldnews

13 minutes ago, oldnews said:

You - asking for a source.

The ironing is delicious.

Double jeopardy ironing for you oldnews.

Seem to recall you in another thread demanding I show a written source.  Even though it was still just an audio statement in an interview. And when I did eventually get it in textual form, it was "fake news". :wacko:

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

If you disagree with my thread, that's one thing.

But to accuse me of baiting users is a serious offence.  Not cool and certainly not appreciated.

Have a good day.

Nah, you right. That's fair. You have the right to share your opinion. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Double jeopardy ironing for you oldnews.

Seem to recall you in another thread demanding I show a written source.  Even though it was still just an audio statement in an interview. And when I did eventually get it in textual form, it was "fake news". :wacko:

go read that thread again - and take your claim there.

you're having a hard time grasping reality - or distinguishing between what is a fake quote - which is what you reposted - and an actual source.

• RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, Zigmund.Palffy said:

Petey asking for a trade after seeing this..

Tyler Myers - 6M
Loui Eriksson - 6M
Brandon Sutter - 4.375M
Michael Ferland - 3.5M
Roberto Luengo 3M
Antoinne Roussel - 3M
Jay Beagle - 3M
Jordie Benn - 2M
Sven Bartschi 2.291M
Ryan Spooner - 1.033M

That's a really good list of all the vets with contracts expiring after this season or next. Right when all of our youth are ready to be resigned. If thats supposed to be a list of JBs bad contracts I have 2 problems with it:

1. Why is Luongo on there? Does that have anything to do with JB?

2. Myers is currently tied for 27th in league wide defensive scoring. He has more points than Burns, OEL, Pietrangelo, Subban,  Weber, Morrissey, Ellis, Dumba, Karlsson or Keith. All of whom make either similar money or considerably more. To me that says Myers is clearly earning his money.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 2

I figure you're just spitballing, but it's not a take I agree with. 

He seems to enjoy the city and fans, and it's quite clear he's quite close with several of his teammates. I don't see the bad contracts or players being allowed to move on being the straw that breaks the camel's back, not at age 22. 

Hockey's a business, his getting himself a new agency shows that he understands that. As for his brand, style, what he does with his time.. during his time here Petey's proven that he's not your typical hockey player and he's not afraid to do his own thing, I see this as more of him just doing his thing. 

As for what he and Hughes may or may not be asking for, when negotiating you're always going to start high. Unless something leaks from management or an agency we really don't know &^@# all about what they're asking for. 

Vancouver is a speculation market and that'll always be capitalized on by fans and media alike.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Eichel seems like a Jack A$$ no pun intended. Not sure why people would wanna do that trade. Especially cause you’d have to most likely add to the trade even though in the end Petey may even have the better career. 

Im not a big fan of the speculation in the OP especially when it comes to Petey so called questioning moves and demanding a certain amount of money. That’s pretty much fabricated and a super bad take on Peteys personality 

1 hour ago, Alain Vigneault said:
1 hour ago, Alain Vigneault said:

it's well rumoured that Elias Pettersson will be seeking a contract in the range of what Auston Matthews is making.  While an ask of $10M-$11M annually is more than fair for the value that Elias Pettersson brings

Nope. How pettersson is worth the same as Matthew's is a jk. Petey hasn't earned a contract that high yet. He shouldn't get over 8 mill he has a ways to go to get Matthew's money or eichel money. I'm not knocking petey, I'm stoked he's on the canucks he just not at those other players level yet. He has to get stronger and heavier so he doesn't get knocked off the puck by a light push. Give him abit to get there in the meantime don't pay him like the best in the league b/c he ain't. (yet)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

If you disagree with my thread, that's one thing.

But to accuse me of baiting users is a serious offence.  Not cool and certainly not appreciated.

Have a good day.

Meh.   Nothing serious whatsoever in suggesting this thread is bait.

If you're so concerned about an alleged misrepresentation of your true intent....

You probably don't want to come in here alleging EP -  and the franchise - are faking an injury in order to cover up a trade request....

Not cool.  I have to wonder how EP would feel about that.  "Appreciated"?

Makes you wonder?

• RoughGame 1

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Anyhow - the only way to truly resolve this...

Is to ask EP - as opposed to speculating and pretending to speak for him.

Please do.  Ask him.

How many players have lied about wanting to stay with a franchise, only to go elsewhere?

C'mon pal, let it go, somethings not right with you. You're at 10+ posts now... I'll shoot you a PM.

Edited by Patrick Kane
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, oldnews said:

Anyhow - the only way to truly resolve this...

Is to ask EP - as opposed to speculating and pretending to speak for him.

Please do.  Ask him.

No professional athlete, much less one disgruntled in the monotone world of hockey, would say "Yeah, I hate it here and I want out".

Remember when news broke that Ryan Kesler wanted out during the 2014 season and both he and his agent quickly denied it?  Then, once the trade inevitably happened, it came out that he was unhappy for nearly two years dating back to the end of the 2012 season?

As much as we all want transparent answers, they are simply too hard to come by and are definitely not resolved by asking the player (not through a public manner anyway).

1 minute ago, Patrick Kane said:

How many players have lied about wanting to stay with a franchise, only to go elsewhere?

C'mon pal, let it go, somethings not right with you. You're at 10+ posts now... I'll shoot you a PM.

don't bother. 

I'll consult a proper mental health worker.

thanks for the diagnosis, though.

• Huggy Bear 3