The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eric Staal open to a trade to a contender

9 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

Obviously I'm being factitious  , Every time a player name gets dropped CDC starts making up trade scenarios ! Just wait and watch and welcome to the board.

So are you saying we have a chance? ;)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

What the utter hell is wrong with Buffalo seriously

So much stockpiled talent.  A literal decade or more drafting top 10 and better and they still can't put anything together.

Staal not only won't come here I find it far more likely he ends up in Carolina or Pittsburgh.  Possibly Florida 

I've been saying it for years and repeated it to my friend who was saying Hall was the missing piece that was gonna send them into the playoffs this year...

They're the American Oilers.

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Still hilarious after all these years:

I have a fun story about 'Silver'. 

2010 Olympics in some small town called Vancouver, I was in Yaletown waiting for a buddy before the Canada/Swiss preliminary round game.

The bartender tells me to hang out and wait because Kesler and family have reserved a table. 

I was having too much fun chatting with this incredibly beautiful woman and wasn't even interested in Kesler. 

Anyway, he shows up with his mother, family and friends. They hang out for quite awhile sitting at the table right behind me.

When his friends were leaving, he stood up to say good-bye, shook their hands, and bid farewell. 

"Ryan. Great to see you. All the best. See you back in Michigan. Win Gold."

I turned around and said, 'Silver!. You get silver!' 

The whole bar, including his mother, girlfriend/wife? and friends cracked up laughing.

He was half smiling but was glaring at me in the eyes.

Too funny.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Hopefully Brandon Sutter  agent announces  soon with a similar statement......

Sutter recently said he wants to stay in Vancouver.  He refused to comment on whether negotiations for an extension were taking place though.

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Rooster for Staal would you do it? Would Buffalo do it? 

Would expect Buffalo to want draft picks or prospects.  They need a do over.  Adams talks of re-evaluating everything. Can’t see them trading expiring contracts for a 31 year old player with term when they have just too many of those older struggling vets.

• 2 weeks later...