The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 10, 2021 | 8 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, khay said:

Well, at least we made the right call on our goaltending future.

Letting go of Tanev sucked but Schmidt, Hamonic, and Juolevi (when he plays) have been great.

So why do we suck? Because we lost Toffoli?

I'm all for giving Green a chance until the end of the season but I'm beginning to think that it's coaching. It's either Green or his assistants. If the same coaching staff is brought back, I will be pissed. At least the assistants need to go.

Tell Green he can either have the rest of the season to prove himself with real coaches assisting him instead of the unqualified morons currently destroying our team, or he can get fired now along with the Brown Baumer combination.  Either way, it is painfully obvious our assistants are too stupid to be capable of coaching an ECHL team.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Demko was trying to steal this game for us but got no goal support. 

Had it not been for Demko the Canucks would have been down four or five goals by early in the 2nd period. The Canucks played exactly like they did in the last season series against MTL. Demko was the only shining star tonight. 

Edited by CptCanuck16
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

We got lucky to squeeze a win out in the first game, but as soon as the Habs adjusted and upped their play the Canucks had no answer.

That’s a team that is well coached vs one with a coach that is too busy updating his excuse Rolodex for the post game press conference.

• Cheers 4

Ok........I want you guys to think about this............

Shea Weber ............... 6'4"  230 lbs

Ben Chiarot  ............... 6'3"  225 lbs

Joel Edmundson .........6'4" 215 lbs 

Jeff Petry......................6'3" 201 lbs

All played tonight....all 4 are tough aggressive players. Pretty hard to get to the net with these guys standing in front of it.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

Just now, billabong said:

This team offensive depth is non existent 

We are asking a rookie, who belongs on the 3rd line, to be our no.1 LW.

Petey-Miller-Boeser is our top line not sure where this 3rd line rookie you speak of is. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Okay, it's the passive sarcasm "fire green amirite" comments after a win. It's not exactly praising, but it's mocking the people who are sick of subpar coaching. Quit grabbing coaches from the &^@#ing bargain bin, Aqua.

Well I think there was a reason he wasn’t resigned. They gotta make sure they have the right guy in place moving forward. I think it was fair for Green to coach out his contract. He has done some good things whether people like to admit it or not. Would have really preferred to see different assistants.

As for the people that can’t read between lines and think Green is going to be resigned because of a mid season interview with JB. That’s an example of the annoying comments from people that have no idea what’s going on and just like to push their narrative. It’s not always black and white 

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

All played tonight....all 4 are tough aggressive players. Pretty hard to get to the net with these guys standing in front of it.

I've been saying that for years. 

But oh no...we need skill..skill....and more skill...

No, we need size, speed and skill. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, billabong said:

This team offensive depth is non existent 

We are asking a rookie, who belongs on the 3rd line, to be our no.1 LW.

Offense was not the problem tonight. Our defense was the problem yet again.

If Green doesn’t feel like he has the players to win by out scoring the opposition he needs to adjust and have his guys grind out low event trap games. Sadly he can’t even do that though.

Just now, janisahockeynut said:

Their pro scouting has done a good job assembling that blue line.  Good mix of size and skill.  Their head pro scout used to work for the Canucks.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

So how are the Panthers a shining example of a franchise? They have been dreadful for 21 of 26 years and mediocre for 4 of the remaining 5.

Amazing how your narrative changes for other teams but remains myopic and negative for the Canucks. 

Won a cup, we have not 

presently have record (and coach) twice as good as ours 

your point?

5 minutes ago, Darius said:

Be serious ..you comparing the oiler rebuild with where the Canucks are?  Oilers have already been through guys like eberle , hemsky and horcoff as Core players .. they even moved on from Hall and yakupov.   Up till recently their fans hadn’t seen a playoff game in HD , and CBC started using HD broadcasts for all games  in like 2006.

They have also drafted first overall four times..where they drafted a generational player

they finally have a decent year and here you are telling us how far ahead they are .  

your coaching takes are inflated but could be plausible in some ways.. but ... this take is pretty awful 

I'd argue they have two such players on their team (or at the very least two legit foundational players).  That doesn't include the guy they traded away (who soon later won the Hart trophy) for a #4 D.  Problem is, they are inept at building the team from the net to the blueline.  Good thing for us.

• Cheers 2