The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 10, 2021 | 8 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Don’t Fire Green!

Relax, I haven’t lost my mind, just trying reverse psychology.

Reverse psychology may just work this time. It’s time for a change behind the bench, and a few changes on the ice too. JB has to be seen doing something, and IMO it’ll be Greener gone before any trades.

• Cheers 1

Just now, WHL rocks said:

MTL has too much speed and pace for us. 

Funny that’s exactly how Green has said he wants his teams to play.

He’s had 4 years to try and build a team that plays that way and he doesn’t look any closer.

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

We all saw that coach, the question you need to answere is why?

Probably has nothing to do with the endless leash he has for some of our most underperforming players.

• Cheers 1

What’s the definition of insanity? Trying the same thing expecting a new result. Our power play (term used loosely) is turning into a cringe fest. If our coaches aren’t going to be open to changing the strategy at the very least mix the players up. Sometimes having lesser talent out there will simplify it. Pass pass shoot. The sad thing is our passes are even half assed and the high % passes we make lead to a turnover......special teams is absolute key to winning games and we lose in both categories. If green comes back next year that’s fine but it better not be with brown and baumgartner. It’s an absolute disgrace how we haven’t pin pointed problems and addressed them.

another thing is how we are developing Quinn Hughes? We are treating him like a five time Norris winner. How many two minute shifts Is what is essentially a second year player going to play while his defensive game goes to the dumpster? He should be getting disciplined at some point and I fear he’s going to be developing some bad habits early on that may not be reversible. I understand we need his point production but not at this cost. There is no reason u can’t balance his ice time and give another guy his minutes as to not shatter his confidence and development into what should be a more sound defensive player.

Edited by linden17

2 minutes ago, xereau said:

We are with a few key replacements this team is pretty well off with cap to spare.

I think the idea that Miller stays at center is a fine one. All this 'touching the puck' nonsense I heard tonight in the intermission was just that. Little will change with first line in regards of play if Petey moves to the wing. Brock is getting better, which is so good to see.

Virtanen and Bo both need a good play maker. Move Hoglander there, asap.

Pearson's gone this off season imo, and Hogz is an upgrade on him.

The 3rd line needs an upgrade on center, a speedy playmaker who can set up Gaudette and Motte. Those two wingers thrive on bang bang goals. They need a playmaking center who is not named Gaudette. Sorry AG fans. Not all is lost with him though.

Gaudette could use 10-15lbs of muscle this off season. He needs to hit up some strength and bulking consultants.

MacEwen Lind Gaudette is not a bad 4th line imo. Zack has hands, AG is a scrambly kind of player, and Lind is being groomed for 4th line NHL duties in the AHL. They could learn to feast on other easier matchups!

Externally that's only 1 unknown (that elusive third center).

So, in other words, this team/franchise is far better on paper than it's shown on the ice. It is a good team, it just needs some rearrangement and quite possibly a coaching staff who recognizes player strengths and weaknesses, and builds a system around them, instead of forcing players into cookie cutter statistic driven directives like we all know is going on with this, and many other teams. I'd like to see a coach who wants to let the boys off the leash in many ways, wild west style.

I expect Sutter Beags Rous all shipped out for picks/prospects on this TDL, if not in the offseason. Benning said himself that the production from veterans has not been what they had hoped, and that there needs to be changes there. We all know what this means, and though they haven't been great here they are valuable kinds of players for anyone going into the post season.

Keep in mind, Motter came from a TDL deal. Benning tried to get him for four seasons, for a reason as it turns out.

Another project this offseason is finding a solid partner for Quinn. He needs a rock back there to function at 100%, and the kid's already like 7th all-time best starts in NHL history. A true right side #2, don't care who it is really, just get 'er done Benning! This is the key move to make to set up our whole D corps. Schmitt/Myers 3-4. OJ/Hamonic is is a solid bottom pairing. Benn depth guy.

100% COMMIT TO BUILDING THIS TEAM AROUND QUINN HUGHES.

TLDR: We need a GOOD 3rd line center this off season/TDL, but other than that we have the depth from within to ice a very good up tempo four line hockey team. Quinn is the key to this team moving forward.

Ditto - all the FA should walk and time for some new energy   

• Cheers 1