The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 10, 2021 | 8 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Given that Disney/ESPN just got the NHL rights. The Mickey Mouse Refs will fit right in. 

And John says to John, with a chuckle, "And to think this is the same crew as 48 hours ago"

• Cheers 2

Two words to describe last night:

STATIC: TANK

the team plays a static system. No fluidity, no creativity. Just set up a box and try low percentage passes. So easy to play against.

Good new is we may have more Power next year with a high D pick coming our way. Just need to get off the pretend fence and start developing next year's renewal squad. Green and others should have their mandates revised.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, NHTyrany said:

Two words to describe last night:

STATIC: TANK

the team plays a static system. No fluidity, no creativity. Just set up a box and try low percentage passes. So easy to play against.

Good new is we may have more Power next year with a high D pick coming our way. Just need to get off the pretend fence and start developing next year's renewal squad. Green and others should have their mandates revised.

you mean stop trying to prove that Jimmy is best at finding undrafted gems like Michaelis, and Chatterbox?

7 minutes ago, lmm said:

you mean stop trying to prove that Jimmy is best at finding undrafted gems like Michaelis, and Chatterbox?

So are you guys just going to keep bitching for the rest of the year about the same stuff now? Oh yeah, yeah you are. You're in all your glory now boys. your time has come, have at er! :lol:

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Feel asleep when the 3rd started... Brutal my bed time is 930 and these guys scheduling 8pm games :lol:

Was a very meh game tbh. Can't win em all... Already spanked the best team in the league twice without Petey and beat Montreal the game before. 

Successful past 4 games imo... No MVP/calder winner and still spanked Tarrana... Habs lucky to get a single point past 2 games. The luck will even out. 

As for me... I like this team. Still can go streaking into the playoffs. 

What? Montreal was 46 seconds away from winning the first game.  Vancouver was fortunate to tie it up.  The second game was pure domination by Montreal.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

So are you guys just going to keep bitching for the rest of the year about the same stuff now? Oh yeah, yeah you are. You're in all your glory now boys. your time has come, have at er! :lol:

on a lighter note I have found a song tha I think represents our boi Greenie

I hope you like it

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

andd hewre is one for mister wonderful team builder

if you don't lke the song, enjoy the picture

Edited by lmm

1 minute ago, lmm said:

on a lighter note I have found a song tha I think represents our boi Greenie

I hope you like it

Beautiful tune sung to 

Greener, you're breaking my heart

Can't roll 4 lines daily

We're hemmed in

We can't get it out

Why won't you just ice the puck

34 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

So I see we're in ' fire everybody' mode again. Last night was a dud. And ok, things look hopeless in our chase for a playoff spot. But I do see hope. The team is at least trending in the right direction. We're 4-2 in March including 2 wins against the league's top team...without Petey. We won 3 in a row. We weren't going to keep winning every game. After a 2 day break we're going to regroup and beat the Oil and sweep Ottawa again. And then we'll be in a position to fight for the playoffs again. It's not a stretch. And it's not time to give up yet.

That's a good outlook. 

However

If that trend continues 4w 2l every 6 games, we would be 18-8 to finish the season and end at 62 pts and miss the playoffs. 

I think if anything we need to go 4-1 every 5 games to have a chance. 

That puts us at 66 pts. 

This just shows how hard it will be. 

They absolutely need to sweep OTT 

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Beautiful tune sung to 

Greener, you're breaking my heart

Can't roll 4 lines daily

We're hemmed in

We can't get it out

Why won't you just ice the puck

I'm on Bo's line

I get a few hits, the puck doesn't go in

when I go back to the bench

someones taken my place

Oh Greenie , I'm begging you please 

leave me on one line

you're shakin' my confidence lately

(Mgoo and Oli) sing harmony

Oh Greenie, we're stuck in the box

you\re shakin our confidence lately

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Feel asleep when the 3rd started... Brutal my bed time is 930 and these guys scheduling 8pm games :lol:

Was a very meh game tbh. Can't win em all... Already spanked the best team in the league twice without Petey and beat Montreal the game before. 

Successful past 4 games imo... No MVP/calder winner and still spanked Tarrana... Habs lucky to get a single point past 2 games. The luck will even out. 

As for me... I like this team. Still can go streaking into the playoffs. 

The Canadiens weren’t lucky last night. They were clearly the better team in every way. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

Prospect D take a while to develop.  Even a phenom like Hughes has alot of work to do on the defensive side of things.

1 hour ago, Jack Fig said:

Faster, with a much more consistent work ethic, too. 

They look to me to be far more aggressive in all zones versus our mostly passive approach.  They close fast on the puck carrier and arrive when the puck does versus our approach to coast in and react to what the other guy does.  Basically they force the playa while we react to it. 

• Cheers 2