The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 10, 2021 | 8 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

57 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

One of the few times I was happy to receive a concussion and didn't have to watch this debacle.

Reasonably sure the concussion has muddled your thinking.

Never be happy to get a concussion.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

Done and done (see above).   Biggest flaw in this dialogue is nowhere in the article does it outright say this - other flaw in this dialogue is the capital gains weren't there until he sold the properties to buy the Canucks lol.     Saying the franchise was purchased to have losses against selling some real estate is total malarkey.   All one can say is they tried to lower their taxes against the teams initial losses, but weren't able to completely do that.   What reasonable businessman wouldn't try and lower their tax bill?   It's big enough as it is in Canada, even for rich people, well actually especially for rich people just go and check out the nhl gavin group tax calculator against some of our players ... more then half goes off the top ... 

Thanks for bring some sanity to this discussion iBatch. People that don’t think that the “rich” don’t pay taxes don’t understand that the top marginal tax rate in BC (on income over $220,000) is 53.5%.

Some people seem to that sic “tax write offs” exist that will make all of this magically disappear. In reality, these write offs are few, if any.

Most people wouldn’t even get out of bed in the morning knowing that 53.5% of each extra dollar they earn, is just going to be taxed away.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

41 minutes ago, How swede it is said:

He Butt-ended him....just as bad

I watched it a half dozen times.  You can’t see what happened because of the boards but it didn’t look like Perry’s stick was anywhere near Virtanen.  Could he have butt ended him? Maybe.  Or maybe he just caught him awkwardly on the boards.  

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

We had plenty of time when we were in the midst of our slump

we need to grab Gallant as montreal or seattle will want him

smyl could step in until gallant finishes quarantine. This allows to get started before next season.

plan enough for you?

btw i have stated this plan multiple times. Clearly you are not following me closely like my many followers are 

Montreal won’t want him.  He doesn’t speak French.  Also , the job in Montreal is Ducharme’s to lose. The day he was hired as an assistant people were speculating that he’d eventually be Juluen’s successor. So far the team looks much better under him than the did with Julien behind the bench 

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Looked good for a bottom 6 player honestly. Not sure what that has to do with anything, or why you enjoy hoping for failure of one of our prospects though. 

hes just not that good  hes no hoglander actually hes not even on macewen level hopefully hes in utica soon unless u wanna dress plugs in bottom six

• RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, Pickly said:

I appreciate your posts when you when you factor in the underlying stats, ala o zone/d zone and Corsi (it gives different perspective) but does it ever concern you how little out bottom 6 contributes on the offensive side of the puck? I mean, the little things do matter (no pun intended, Louie) but I think if this team is to ever be a true contender they are going to need regular offensive  contribution from all 4 lines. For example, last night's bottom six has contributed for a whopping 11 goals all season (6 from Sutter, 3 of which came in one game.) Just spitballing here.

I think it would be different if the 4th line got comparable minutes and deployment as the top lines, but they don't.  Not saying they would produce the same as the top six if given the same opportunities (they are the 4th line for a reason), but they likely get about half as many shifts and no power play time while being out for short handed situations. Looking at it that way, I would expect my 4th liners to get between 7 and 12 goals and between 15-25 points, or about a quarter of what I would expect out of my top line. I don't think our guys are too far off and may even be ahead of the curve

2 hours ago, lmm said:

so, did you say that  you think we can win 2 of 3 but not 4 of 6?

how do you feel about us going 6 of 9?

I think at this point we need to go 22-4 to sneak in

I realize 2 of 3 is the same as 4 of 6. But I said 4 of 5. Big difference... 67% vs 80%.

Edited by yes we can nucks

5 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

If thats true thats just another example of our incompetent owners.

Deep pockets doesn't mean they're smart.

We need experience in management and coaching, a pres of hockey ops with nhl pedigree and for the cancer aquas to back off.

He is the owner and has every right to meddle whenever he wants to. It’s his team.

I don’t get folks like you. He has always paid the full salary cap and has been charitable in the community. He wants us to win more than anything. This team has a solid foundation and will never be moved. Be thankful for what we have. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

It muddied many things since last night. Trying to eat soup today was a challenge. Depth perception was way off. Two spoons full of soup ended up on the floor. 

My last one, hopefully. was all headaches and an inability to let the small things go.

Ever try to live in the modern world, without being able to just let things go? Not a pleasant 6 months, or more; if my pushy, weirdly dressed, know it all friend who is always 2 minutes late is to be believed. :)

4 hours ago, qwijibo said:

What? Montreal was 46 seconds away from winning the first game.  Vancouver was fortunate to tie it up.  The second game was pure domination by Montreal.  

Apollo lives in an alternate reality where

Vancouver has the best owners and management. Coaches are geniuses. Players are the best in the league and the Canucks are going to win the cup every year. Delusional  but always happy and content.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

You can dress it up however you like. But regardless, Benning has tried to fix the defence for nearly 7 years, and many of his attempts were failures.

Lots of teams have turned it around faster. The post-Thornton Bruins turned it around very fast. As did the post-Lecavalier Lightning. Both won cups, and are still rolling. Chicago started their current rebuild later than us, and look like they’re going to pass us.

The Lightning made the playoffs once in six year span (ending 2012)

Post Thornton Bruins turned it around with Chiarelli and Benning at the helm, building a SC contender (which it still is)

Chicago's best player is a 31 year old, they've still go a ways to go.