The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 10, 2021 | 8 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

One point that I will make is that it was kind of ironic with Alex Burrows being on the opposition bench, it became clear to me that Roussel has now entered Burrows' territory....one where he never gets the benefit of the doubt from the zebras....

After an obvious boarding call is ignored, they call an extremely weak interference penalty on Edler....:blink:

This made zero difference in the final outcome, because the team sucked out loud, but it doesn't bode well for Rooster's future, if they won't call something like that....

11 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

One point that I will make is that it was kind of ironic with Alex Burrows being on the opposition bench, it became clear to me that Roussel has now entered Burrows' territory....one where he never gets the benefit of the doubt from the zebras....

After an obvious boarding call is ignored, they call an extremely weak interference penalty on Edler....:blink:

This made zero difference in the final outcome, because the team sucked out loud, but it doesn't bode well for Rooster's future, if they won't call something like that....

So time to trade him for what we can get? 

47 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

At this point I would take a coach on a short term show me deal who is just looking to get back into coaching.

Yah, a new coach would be great... but don't forget it is Generous Jim that set up this club with too many overpaid vets on country club  contracts..

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yah, a new coach would be great... but don't forget it is Generous Jim that set up this club with too many overpaid vets on country club  contracts..

If Benning thinks delaying a Green firing buys him more time he may be in for a shock when he gets canned first.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If Benning thinks delaying a Green firing buys him more time he may be in for a shock when he gets canned first.

I would really like to see both Benning and Green removed at the end of this season....  

9 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I would really like to see both Benning and Green removed at the end of this season....  

I would give Benning one more draft and offseason to clean up his mess.

And if ownership are willing to pay for an actual experienced NHL coach maybe that opens up things for him.

I see this team turning a corner once the likes of Pearson, Roussel, Sutter, and Eriksson are gone. Those players were all good at the time we acquired them unfortunately they have all reached their best before date. Fill those roles with rookies and cheaper short term vets and we’ll be much better off.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

Oooof....talk about a dose of reality.....and just after Demko gets the stars of the week award..must be a curse or something...oh well...here is hoping they can rebound...as opposed to falling into another 6 game losing streak.....

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

At this point I would take a coach on a short term show me deal who is just looking to get back into coaching.

Good luck getting any coach of consequence under those terms.  You'll get a hungry new guy in the minors looking to break in as a head coach in the NHL (but for eff's sake, enough with the rookie NHL head coaches for us Jim Benning) or a guy who should be sent to the glue factory looking for one last head coaching job.  Think I'd still rather have Green than those options.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

Vancouver’s forecheck wasn’t successful because even when they turned the puck over there was a second and third Canadien Player supporting the puck. I never see the Canucks support the puck on break outs.

we probably lost 90% of all the puck battles.

• Cheers 1