The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 10, 2021 | 8 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

13 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

We need 1 top 6 forward and more speed and tenacity on bottom 6 forward lines.. A top tier 3C is priority for next season.

We had a top 6 fwd with speed and tenacity.  He came out flying and smashing everyone, until the Canucks mind set kicked in... then he quickly became what we see now.  A soft, passive, dump/chase team

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, sassbs said:

We had a top 6 fwd with speed and tenacity.  He came out flying and smashing everyone, until the Canucks mind set kicked in... then he quickly became what we see now.  A soft, passive, dump/chase team

I miss Petey already

Edited by Googlie
  • Cheers 1

13 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Green has an approach? When did that happen?

- green has has a pathetic pp and d system from day 1. So one may say that is the assistants but they report to him. Shows you his decision making ability. His team has zero structure and he shows zero pulse and passion

- gallant inherents a mix of players from all over the league all playing under different systems. Within one season he implemented a unbelievable d zone system, uptempo offensive system and look what it did. Cup finals in his first year 

yeah I agree on the PP, I do think the only reason it works at all is Petey is ridiculously talented. I do think its Brown, but Green is the boss of it all so it lands on him for sure.

I do wonder what Gallant would do with this roster, he has proven he can take two very different groups and get success out of them in both FLA and Vegas. 

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Yet Dim Jim is talking about signing Pearson?

seriously?

Cash him out now, his game has fallen off a cliff 

i like how jb has drafted but he is not a smart guy, look no further than Wille and Green 

He needs to say that, if he didn't people would be hollering at him that he's an idiot for lowering Persons value. 

13 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Up temp offense but very good defensive structure. His system allows less grade A scoring chances and is defensively very solid.. He lets his players make a mistake or two. Won't park them on the bench if a player makes a mistake. He prefers to build a player's confidence and not yell at them or bench them for a mistake. 

Green has no defensive structure in his style. He's up tempo offense but sucks in D zone play. 

Defense wins games and the whole team has to play as a unit to limit goals against. Gallant excels in that department. 

Jack Adams trophy winner as coach of the year.

nice, thanks, thats the best rationale for Gallant I've seen yet. 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, DeNiro said:

It’s us in the sense that they’re in our heads and we can’t seem to shake it.

Imagine being asked every time you play a team why they’ve gone like 15-2 or whatever it is against you. That clearly affects them before they even step on the ice.

The Habs are good but we beat plenty of good teams. That record is just one of those things that snowballs.

Or the Habs play a very high pressure puck game that takes away time exposing our weakness in that area. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

39 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah I agree on the PP, I do think the only reason it works at all is Petey is ridiculously talented. I do think its Brown, but Green is the boss of it all so it lands on him for sure.

I do wonder what Gallant would do with this roster, he has proven he can take two very different groups and get success out of them in both FLA and Vegas. 

I also believe it starts at the top. I honestly can't stand the collapsing defensive system. Never have, never will. I was always 'attack first', is the best defense. 

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Or the Habs play a very high pressure puck game that takes away time exposing our weakness in that area. 

Despite change in coaches, the defensive system implemented by Claude Julian is still ingrained on that team I would think.  

32 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

I also believe it starts at the top. I honestly can't stand the collapsing defensive system. Never have, never will. I was always 'attack first', is the best defense. 

it worked for Daryl Sutter, but he seems to be able to get more F support out of his guys than Green can. 

23 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Despite change in coaches, the defensive system implemented by Claude Julian is still ingrained on that team I would think.  

Agree. No way new coach created that smothering system executed that effectively timely in 1 week.  

It is frustrating that we are not eve  close to implementing as effective a defensive e strategy.  Ours still revolves around surrendering shots and relying on the goalie to play lights out.  

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Agree. No way new coach created that smothering system executed that effectively timely in 1 week.  

It is frustrating that we are not eve  close to implementing as effective a defensive e strategy.  Ours still revolves around surrendering shots and relying on the goalie to play lights out.  

How anyone working in the NHL can think that this is an effective defensive strategy is beyond me.

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

How anyone working in the NHL can think that this is an effective defensive strategy is beyond me.

And yet it has been  that way for years and the architects of it remain in charge.  Despite the appalling statistics, the same system remains in place.  Only in  Vancouver.

• Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

And yet it has been  that way for years and the architects of it remain in charge.  Despite the appalling statistics, the same system remains in place.  Only in  Vancouver.

Do those who keep these systems in place revel in being a joke? Being a porous team? It's pathetic.

• Sad 1