The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 10, 2021 | 8 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That was probably one of our worst periods of the season, despite being down by only one goal.

That was not the worst period of the season. Most of the periods earlier in the season looked kind of like that, except Demko didn't make the saves then, but he is now.

If the Canucks make the playoffs, Demko will be winning Vezina and MVP.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JMo2233 said:

This is one of the most pathetic periods of hockey I’ve ever seen. Green better rip into these guys in the intermission.

Yeah the zone exits are horrible - Habs selling out to forechecking hard cause they've seemed to had figured something out about our zone exits...

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This team tries more fancy plays in their own end than the offensive end.

They absolutely insist on passing the puck out of there zone no matter what. I used to have an old coach like that. He wanted us to learn possession so you got benched if you cleared it out. Needless to say we weren't very good that year even though we eventually put it together.

1 minute ago, Beary Sweet said:

I can't stand another game of Roussel in the lineup. Free Big Mac!

The last canuck forward to look this slow but be given free reign to play games was Brandon Prust 

Just slow, terrible. Roussel's injury killed his career

He's not one of the best 12 forwards by accountability. He's playing because they pay him a lot.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Apricot said:

Alright bad period but we're gonna come back to the second flyyyinnggggg

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. Green is terrified of second periods and has them changing every 15 seconds. Basically short handed the entire period. 

• Haha 1

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

Clark created marky so i have to disagree about him being a perk. Players do notice. Pretty sure demko, holtby and diPietro will  notice if Clark is gone. 

Thing is Canucks have really smart people making this call so people like me and you don't have to. I trust what the team says and does, the people making these decisions get paid a lot of money to make them, they are experts they don't make rash decisions they are counting the money and being smart with it so if Ian is a calculated risk to trim then I trust that he isn't worth the money. Canucks have a very strong analytics and financial team so let's trust their judgement on who to hire and who to let go.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Disgruntler said:

One of the worst periods this year, and that's saying something. Hopefully they have the right tools in the room to extricate their heads from their holes.

Maybe and we're still in it.

Keep it close and steal one that we don't deserve sounds fine to me. I'm not picky right now. 

• Cheers 1