The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 10, 2021 | 8 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, khay said:

When the puck is held by LD/LW, they seem to first clog up the middle to block the pass to the middle of the ice while sending in two forwards deep to pressure the defenceman and winger holding the puck. The only choice left is to clear it out off the wall/glass or pass the puck behind the net to the other side.

If the puck goes back to the other side to RD/RW, the pass is unlikely to be a crisp one, which gives them their defender and the guy clogging up the middle to apply the pressure until the MTL centerman and RW re-positions to continue aggressive forechecking.

I don't think they MTL can sustain this for the whole game but if they do, maybe we should just go for stretch passes. One winger cheat and exit the zone a bit early and gets ready for a long pass. This should force their defender to pull out?

I don't know. But the coaches better make some adjustments or the game's over.

Well said and I agree the Habs are expending alot of energy (early on) with this strategy; with the one goal lead they are perhaps going to clamp it down knowing the Refs will be allowing alot of clutching & grabbing like last game were they were 40 seconds from a win (and shutout).   

Edit:  2 goal lead.   Game over: neutral zone will be clogging up for the rest of the game....

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, Trebreh said:

I think Hawryluk and Hog can potentially can.. especially Hog, he's like a young Hansen on the puck. We will never know because this coach refuse to try different things. MacEwen has some nice speed and a long stick, he could pk as well if taught. 

Mac is absolutely clueless in his own end, he's had more than enough time to learn by now. The other 2 have potential down the road for sure, but Hogs is already being asked to do too much IMO.

WAIT I FORGOT

SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2