The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 10, 2021 | 8 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

38 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Great, nobody should give the bitter ex any room at all.  Tofu was just running through the basement and kicking all the good stuff. . Actually we should make him give his keys back.

Hilarious! marriage boot camp love GIF by WE tv

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bo fan said:

Does anyone have the clip where Petey was injured?

Take your pick (in all honestly, there was one play where someone was mauling him from behind, piggy back style with their arm/stick right over his shoulder to the front of him that I was looking for but can't find.  Anyhow...he takes abuse all game long...could be a number of plays.  They said it was in a game versus Winterpeg somewhere but not sure.

image.pngimage.png

image.png

image.png

image.pngimage.png

Nothing to see here...crosschecking, trips and holding/the stick are not penalties unless your name's McDavid.  Doubt these are the ones that caused the injury, but he really does have to be a contortionist out there at times to escape the "coverage".

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Goal:thecup said:

Did you see Tanner 'clip' Tofu and leave him on the ice wondering?

He did not look at all comfortable and seemed shaken his 'friend' got him like that.

And TT didn't do much after that either.

I've always like Pearson and was disappointed when LA got him.

Now it seems he's put our team in front of his friendship w/tofu.

Didn't he also throw Marky off his game in that 5-1 win? I heard a commentator mention that Markstrom hasn't been the same since that game.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Didn't he also throw Marky off his game in that 5-1 win? I heard a commentator mention that Markstrom hasn't been the same since that game.

I love this loyalty he's showing to this team.

This game is one where friends'll slide over into frenemy territory and the friendship ends every time the puck drops.   

Showing his true Canuck colours.  This team needs that type of unity and are working toward solidifying it.  Adversity is something that you can either rise above or crumble under - those who get through it together can build strong bonds from that.  This team's been through a horrible stretch and it's nice to see them work through it.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

If a winning streak continues Pettersson is going to end up on the 3rd line when he comes back. It seems so odd that the best player on the team the last 2 years is virtually  unnecessary at the moment.

Guys playing better defense to compensate and got great goal trending. Also PP got better. It was too predictable and everyone is checking EP. 

• Vintage 1

16 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

@Apricot and the rest of the east coasters are troopers lol, never really thought about the time difference untill tomorrows game.

Try being a fan living in Europe! The 7pm games are 3am for me and forget about games out east which are 1am my time. I'll only be up for eastern games if they're important.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Take your pick (in all honestly, there was one play where someone was mauling him from behind, piggy back style with their arm/stick right over his shoulder to the front of him that I was looking for but can't find.  Anyhow...he takes abuse all game long...could be a number of plays.  They said it was in a game versus Winterpeg somewhere but not sure.

image.pngimage.png

image.png

image.png

image.pngimage.png

Nothing to see here...crosschecking, trips and holding/the stick are not penalties unless your name's McDavid.  Doubt these are the ones that caused the injury, but he really does have to be a contortionist out there at times to escape the "coverage".

I personally don't have much issue with tough plays.   Don't know where we are sitting now but i'm pretty sure EP has probably drawn close to as many penalties  during his games played then any other player on any other team in the league aside from maybe McDavid since EP arrived.  The refs will never call everything (at least i hope), it's disruptive when a game has more then 4/5 calls a game - like Burke said he sees games with ten power plays and thinks wow must be one tough and rough game - then watches it and it's a tame affair with a ton of weak calls.

QHs owned it last playoffs saying he was honoured to get as much attention as he did get.   Mario scored half his goals with someone lying on his back or hooking or grabbing on - often two at once - that was a real rodeo compared to today.  

Guess what i'm getting at is one of EPs intangibles is he draws a lot of penalties.   Refs rarely let it go much further then 2-1 in favour of one team - Boston vs Vancouver we had 2-1 penalties in our favour but couldn't score and they had a lot of short handed goals ....

Since we won't ever see another guy like Gino .... it's what we have to put up with, EP will get stronger he's got a tall frame to work with, like the Sedins before him believe he will get over this attention he's getting - he's already shown a lot more pushback too at the same age (although the Sedins learned to use their sticks as a deterrent eventually to some degree - a lot of slashing penalties).... 

Sucks EP is hurt.  And hope the team f!cks anyone up that bugs him too much at some point in the future  - but for sure i'm setting myself up for disappointment, times have changed.   For every team.   Ugh.   At least he will draw them - and we will continue to be near the leader board in drawn penalties which is a great add to winning games.   The biggest deterrent we could possibly have might help a scary PP - but being down that road before - instead maybe it's about time McEwen amps it up and takes a few instigator's - but again those days are gone too.   I'm frustrated about this part of NHL hockey right now.   EP should be protected - his teammates should hit the f!ck out of anyone who over steps things.   When CDCers say it's TG i shake my head at the naivety.  He played almost 1000 games in a really tough era - like he doesn't know what it's like because for sure he does.   It's the freaking players.   League wide.  With some exceptions but none of them are young.