The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 10, 2021 | 8 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Green is really being dumb playing an AHLer with our leading goal scorer. Thats like putting Khaira next to McDavid or Draisaitl. cmon Green we need goals, put Boeser with Horvat and Hoglander or Boeser with Miller and Hoglander.

Khairas an NHLer bro.   

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Josepho said:

That was a nice goal by Perry.

Interesting how Montreal was able to sign a good veteran "mentor" with a cup ring to a 750k/1year contract without committing term.

Yah but Generous Jim likes to way  overpay in dollars and in term...... as well as free NMC/NTC clauses.... 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Sadly some fans will still be convinced we played a good game that could have gone either way.

All of those little things add up. The only reason we’re not down like 4 or 5 is because of Demko.

Just like last season good goaltending is masking horrible play. Green would surely be done if not for Demko right now.

shoulda dressed our secert weapon, louie...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

There are “close” games that could go in either direction 

this is not one if them

outhit

outplayed

outcoached

outshot

outchanced

outvlassed

outworked

Yes I agree, this should technically be a 7-1 blow out for Montreal if not for Demko keeping it close. Canucks have not had a sustained attack yet. I doubt we score any goals in the 3rd.

Sadly some fans will still be convinced we played a good game that could have gone either way.

All of those little things add up. The only reason we’re not down like 4 or 5 is because of Demko.

Just like last season good goaltending is masking horrible play. Green would surely be done if not for Demko right now.

We're even getting outouted tonight, and that's pretty hard to do.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

No doubt. Some serious negativity around here.

If we come back and win they all tuck their fair-weather attitudes away for next time.

You can criticize a team's performance and still be glad the team came back to win

We've been pretty bad up to this point, Demko aside 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

I call a spade a spade, Deb. This team isn't very good team and I firmly believe that falls on the coaching staff. Benning has given him a team to work with and Green just chugging along like it's an AHL team. 

Then find another one? 

You can't fix the team but you can fix the misery you're enduring.  And putting us through.

I'm so tired of negativity.   COVID year's been nothing but....for Christ sake I'm just happy to have hockey.  If I wanted to hear a bunch of bitching I would have stayed married.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

&^@# off. Virtanen was a 40 point player last season with 13:00 ATOI and again gets put on 4th line to start the season. Green is an absolute $&!# bag. Ruining the kid. 

Give up man. I did. He’s played 300 games in the NHL

1 minute ago, DarthMelvin said:

Miller needs to chill...

His attitude must really make it tuff for the come back kids...

His body language when he lost his stick says it all. The dude is his own worst enemy.

Its great that he loves to win but don’t just give up when you’re not. Set an example for the young guys and battle through it.

• Cheers 3

Just now, DeNiro said:

I agree with you.  The great news is Demko has arrived as a number one and he looks good.  The bad news is JB intends to resign Green and Demko is playing so well it just might happen.

• RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

We can win this one!! We need MTL to be tired on the road from playing so hard after their bedtime. Maybe their goalie needs a day off and is tired with the time change. Their guys are over confident. We can do this still, let's get it done in the third!  

Yep, their D especially will be tired with them being down to 5... and one of them's an old man. Gotta take it to them though!

Thats my point

people who truly don’t understand the game, look at the score and say, “oh its still close” are blind to what a complete thrashing it it is on the ice