The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 10, 2021 | 8 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

Just now, Devron44 said:

Give up man. I did. He’s played 300 games in the NHL

And when he's put in a position to succeed he does well. 

• Huggy Bear 1
3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Show a &^@#ing pulse. 

Nobody is going to show a pulse when they know there's no form of accountability in the organization from the top-down.

Benning will blame factors other than his own managing, Green will fail to make adjustments, Roussel will still be in the lineup despite being complete garbage for the entire season.

There's no incentive to get better because there's no consequence for inadequacy. This is the same team that kept playing Markus Granlund for 20 minutes nightly for literally no reason.

Edited by Josepho
  • RoughGame 1
5 minutes ago, Josepho said:

That was a nice goal by Perry.

Interesting how Montreal was able to sign a good veteran "mentor" with a cup ring to a 750k/1year contract without committing term.

He signs Haweyrluk for 700K

7 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

&^@# off. Virtanen was a 40 point player last season with 13:00 ATOI and again gets put on 4th line to start the season. Green is an absolute $&!# bag. Ruining the kid. 

I've liked him on 2nd line for the most part. I think both he and Bo though, need a playmaker to really make things cook.

Drop Pearson to 3rd line. Bring up Hogz. 36 with those 2 puck hounds to me, seems like gold.

• Hydration 3

The Canucks reminds of my bout of hemorrhoids...............you can't sit, you can't shat, and you don't want to move!

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Haha 1
Just now, Josepho said:

Nobody is going to show a pulse when they know there's no form of accountability in the organization from the top-down.

Benning will blame factors other than his own managing, Green will fail to make adjustments, Roussel will still be in the lineup despite being complete garbage for the entire season.

There's no incentive to get better because there's no consequence for inadequacy.

I wished we had signed Darryl Sutter  but I doubt he would leave his Alberta farm unless it was the Flames.

5 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

One goal... puts us back in it. 20 mins. to go. Sometimes wonder if anyone on here has ever played hockey.

for an NHL caliber team, yes, you are absolutely right....but for a team that can't pass unless it's to the other team, skate like they are wearing cement blocks, is allergic to hitting, and has a tendency to cough it up in the D zone, one goal will not get this team back in it.

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Then find another one? 

You can't fix the team but you can fix the misery you're enduring.

I'm not miserable. I let it out. On here. I don't let it affect how I interact with my wife and kids but I vent like a mother on here. 

• Hydration 1
2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Is this the "I know better than Green" thread - or is there a hockey game being played?

No there definitely not a hockey game being played 

it takes 2 teams to engage in a game 

we are watching Montreal having fun 

6 minutes ago, Josepho said:

That was a nice goal by Perry.

Interesting how Montreal was able to sign a good veteran "mentor" with a cup ring to a 750k/1year contract without committing term.

Slow AF, is way more a sourpuss than Miller could ever hope to be, and original 6 teams have a somewhat unfair built in bonus incentive.

14 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Nah.  I am not a Green fan.  But even I won't blame Virtanen on Green.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Jake is the only one who is responsible for who he is and what he becomes. Pretty much like anyone of us. 

Just now, janisahockeynut said:

The Canucks remind of my bout of hemorrhoids...............you can't sit, you can't shat, and you don't want to move!

Put some preparation h emp on that. 

Just now, JoshuaGuy said:

I'm not miserable. I let it out. On here. I don't let it affect how I interact with my wife and kids but I vent like a mother on here. 

Can you just go tell your wife instead?  Please.  :towel:

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, xereau said:

I've liked him on 2nd line for the most part. I think both he and Bo though, need a playmaker to really make things cook.

Drop Pearson to 3rd line. Bring up Hogz. 36 with those 2 puck hounds to me, seems like gold.

Virtanen is what he is. A third liner at best. To be consistent, you need to have that inner drive and want it. He just looks like he is fine just being on the team wherever. Those glimpses are what anger fans because he can look great but he just coasts around the ice far too often. I think without Pettersson it shows how many more offensive forwards we need to get where they need to be considered real contenders.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 10, 2021 | 8 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS