The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 10, 2021 | 8 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yah but Generous Jim likes to way  overpay in dollars and in term...... as well as free NMC/NTC clauses.... 

Wait, are you sure you're not confusing Gillis?

Jul 1/10 Signed Manny Malholtra Signed a 3 year/$7,500,000 contract with NTC clause.  
Jul 1/10 Signed Dan Hamhuis Signed a 6 year/$27,000,000 contract with NTC clause.

Jun 27/11 Re-signed Kevin Bieksa Re-signed to a 5 year/$23,000,000 contract with a NTC.

Jul 1/12 Signed Jason Garrison Signed to a 6-year/$27,600,000 deal with NTC

Sep 14/12 Re-signed Alexandre Burrows Re-signed to a 4-year/$18,000,000 deal with NTC

Jan 18/13 Re-signed Alex Edler Re-signed to a 6-year/$30,000,000 contract with a NTC

Source: https://www.nucksmisconduct.com/2013/5/12/4323514/the-history-of-mike-gillis-tenure-with-the-canucks

People forget that Hamhuis had a NTC.... he didn't waive it. Hamhuis later went to Dallas...

Gillis gave a lot of NTCs. It's part of the business.

Edited by Dazzle
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

He's moody and it definitely gets the better of him at times.  But it also fuels the fire that we see (too).  I'd rather have a guy who is this passionate about it than one who mails it in.  

Kesler was the same way, but he's still one of the better Canucks we've iced during our history 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, JoshuaGuy said:

And when he's put in a position to succeed he does well. 

Sometimes. Look at the start of the season. He played in the top six with Miller out. I think he’s a player in the league but I ain’t holding my breath on the Offense anymore 

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

He's moody and it definitely gets the better of him at times.  But it also fuels the fire that we see (too).  I'd rather have a guy who is this passionate about it than one who mails it in.  

For sure.

But he’s guilty of both. When he’s pouting on the ice it is effecting his game this season.

Like when he knows he screwed up his assignment he coasts back and throws his head up as if they’ve already scored.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, xereau said:

I've liked him on 2nd line for the most part. I think both he and Bo though, need a playmaker to really make things cook.

Drop Pearson to 3rd line. Bring up Hogz. 36 with those 2 puck hounds to me, seems like gold.

I’ve been saying this for so long now. That would be a very good second line. Pearson would be great on the third with sutter and gauds as well 

1 minute ago, J-Strap said:

for an NHL caliber team, yes, you are absolutely right....but for a team that can't pass unless it's to the other team, skate like they are wearing cement blocks, is allergic to hitting, and has a tendency to cough it up in the D zone, one goal will not get this team back in it.

I bet you were cartwheeling when Gaudette scored the tying goal couple nights ago. This is a pretty good team. Not a contender, not even upper echelon but capable of winning in any given night. They are up against a good team tonight that really wants it but hockey is so much about momentum. Just saying.

• Cheers 1