The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | March 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, CBC, NHLN, TVAS2

Rate this topic

-SN-

14 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Problem is he tries to play like that and refs tend to send him to the box. Nice they allowed him to play Defense tonight 

Yes.

However, as the refs start putting their whistles in their pockets and as the season progresses toward the playoffs, Myers figures out the line. 

It doesn’t mean he is less penalized. It means he gets nastier to play against before he gets a penalty.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

And it needs to be called.  Barrie disgraced his family with that play more than his dad's criminal activity.  Simply unacceptable at any level and honestly players should be kicked out of the game if they keep pulling that garbage.  I'd suggest MacEwen putting him face-first into the boards to teach him to start respecting the sport, but our chances of winning are better with that gutless piece of **** in their lineup.

Everyone snaps their head back 

Our guys have done it as well 

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

I confess.....at first, I was so critical of Myers but I eat my words.  He had a great night and I've seen how important he is to this team lately.   Has the occasional deer in headlights deal, but overall he's solid for us.

Same here.

Defending in the NHL is so thankless. So much pressure. Last guy back all the time.

Holding the line.

Power play pressure.

Dealing with forechecks that are getting faster and more structured all the time.

Every mistake is glaring.

He's not perfect but even the best aren't.

When he came back in the bubble last year I really started to notice how valuable he was.

A real Pro as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Oilers didn’t need to forecheck, they drove the play tonight, the Canucks played gutsy and blocked shots , scored a dirty goal, worked hard tonigh !

Yeah, just watched the highlight and it was another team win backed by another solid performance by Demko.   

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, drdeath said:

Give the Canucks Petey back while taking McD off the Oilers and would they still be clearly the better team?

2 points is 2 points given the circumstances. 

Take Demko off our team tonight and it would have be another blow out game for the Oilers.