The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | March 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, CBC, NHLN, TVAS2

Rate this topic

-SN-

22 minutes ago, Patrik Laine said:

If canucks miss the playoffs can demko still win the vezina?? 

Nothing in the rules saying he can’t, but it’s unusual. AFAIK, it’s happened only three times in the history of the award. But most recent two times were in the last decade: Bobrovsky (2012-13) and Hellebuyck (2019-20; a play-in isn’t playoffs, and the Jets lost).

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, kanucks25 said:

Agreed. It wasn't pretty, especially the first half the game, but the boys fought for it.

Considering we iced an AHL level bottom-6, you take it and run.

It was a solid beating to the Coiled. Myers was an animal in the third. 

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

When you are outside of the playoff cut line and fighting for any momentum you run with the hot hand 

prior to that jets series we had days off, playing back to back is not an issue at all 

it was a bad decision and it killed the mini streak we had 

The mini streak of 1 game?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I confess.....at first, I was so critical of Myers but I eat my words.  He had a great night and I've seen how important he is to this team lately.   Has the occasional deer in headlights moments, but overall he's solid for us.  Benn too....lately they've really been assets not liabilities.

Like all big guys, he struggles when the puck is in his feet.

He's got amazing speed for such a big guy... if Tryamkin does come back, he can fly too. Scary speed from such big man!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, canuck2288 said:

When we lost 14 if 16 yes any “streak” is a mini streak 

Ya, but even Demko admitted that he felt fresh, after given a full day off.   You do realize that Green consults with Ian Clarke on who should play too right?

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Viper007 said:

Ya, but even Demko admitted that he felt fresh, after given a full day off.   You do realize that Green consults with Ian Clarke on who should play too right?

If you asked Demko i would promise you he would want the net that game 

the upside now is Green has no choice but to play him as the “starter” now 

• Haha 1

Just now, Violator said:

Still don't understand that they sit pretty much beside each other on the bench bit have to sit six feet apart during an interview

Maybe it's because they're in an enclosed room.  As opposed to on the rink its open quite a bit more.  I dunno *shrugs*

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

9 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I still wanna know. Was it the music? Or was she just stoned out of her mind? 

It was the 70s joy of the Gong show.

but in this case it’s the Joy of Canucks winning.

Go Canucks Go

Its just good tv

240C2BCF-69F6-4F14-AD9E-A81088308B81.gif

3A3453EF-4C83-4D9D-9F45-D59E126BABCF.gif

Just now, canuck2288 said:

If you asked Demko i would promise you he would want the net that game 

the upside now is Green has no choice but to play him as the “starter” now 

Everybody wants to play every game.  It's in their DNA.  If you asked players if they can stay on the ice for all 60 minutes, I'm sure all of em would say yes.  But it's not smart to do that, just like your suggestion of making Demko play every game.  I'm sure this upcoming back to back you want Demko to play both of those games too.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Viper007 said:

Everybody wants to play every game.  It's in their DNA.  If you asked players if they can stay on the ice for all 60 minutes, I'm sure all of em would say yes.  But it's not smart to do that, just like your suggestion of making Demko play every game.  I'm sure this upcoming back to back you want Demko to play both of those games too.  

It depends what the schedule is on either side of it 

as it always does