The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | March 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, CBC, NHLN, TVAS2

Rate this topic

-SN-

47 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

I never mentioned 19:41 what are you talking about?

That's the three face offs in a row Sutter lost, dontcha know B)

Edit: I see someone beat me to the joke.

Edited by Kragar
  • Cheers 3

Vancouver schedule:

OTT

OTT

MTL

MTL

Montreal schedule:

WPG

WPG

VAN

VAN

If we win the next two against the Sens while Montreal loses to WPG in regulation, we will have 32 points in 33 games and Montreal will have 31 points in 29 games.

The next two games against Montreal will determine our playoff fate. We win both of the games in the regulation?

Van: 36 points in 35 games.

Mon: 31 points in 31 games.

5 points gap. Montreal will have 4 games in hand but they will need to win 3 out of 4 (or 2-1-1 will do) to make good on the games in hand.

We are 2-5-0 against them, they are 5-0-2 against us and the next two games are the last two games against them for the regular season.

If we lose both, especially in the regulation, playoff hopes are over.

Toronto: 2-3-0

Winnipeg: 2-2-1

Edmonton: 2-3-0

Montreal: 2-5-0

Calgary: 2-3-1

Ottawa: 3-0-0

In fact, our record against the rest of the division isn't too terrible, except for Montreal. We basically gave them at least a point in every single game.

Go Canucks Go! Let's go on a run St. Louis style!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Also, to those asking why Green didnt call a timeout after icing, IIRC, that's no longer allowed when your team ices the puck.

Edited by Kragar
damn phone auto corrected ices to idea.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

When you are outside of the playoff cut line and fighting for any momentum you run with the hot hand 

prior to that jets series we had days off, playing back to back is not an issue at all 

it was a bad decision and it killed the mini streak we had 

You make total sense and that’s why Canucks forums will laugh at you. He’s now started five in a row so that shows u they’re admitting their mistakes. Canucks forums on the other hand will stand by their arguments that it was the right call even though we got the loss. Good goalies don’t need rest when they’re hot. It’s the right thing to do. It’s evident. It would of been evident a game or two sooner two but it is what it is.

• RoughGame 2

3 minutes ago, linden17 said:

You make total sense and that’s why Canucks forums will laugh at you. He’s now started five in a row so that shows u they’re admitting their mistakes. Canucks forums on the other hand will stand by their arguments that it was the right call even though we got the loss. Good goalies don’t need rest when they’re hot. It’s the right thing to do. It’s evident. It would of been evident a game or two sooner two but it is what it is.

Demko himself said he felt refreshed with the rest from the game off after a back to back. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Demko himself said he felt refreshed with the rest from the game off after a back to back. 

Then why have coaches? I seem to recall Chris chelios saying he wanted to play a whole game. At the time against Winnipeg those points mattered. I guess not so much now and maybe then but that was a “must win”. At the time. It doesn’t really matter but it was a slight hope in our playoffs. My point being is demko could of played and they are paid well to be able to be called upon.

Edited by linden17
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Yes clearly the master strategy was to hope demko stands on his head 

oh wait, wasn’t that the same Green that started Holtby after a standout Demko effort? 

LOL. Omg man...

Life is short bud. Try to enjoy it. 

Try to see the bright side of things. It'll make you happier. 

At the end of the day, hockey is a game that we watch for entertainment. 

There's bigger fish to fry. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1