The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Max Domi

12 hours ago, khay said:

This dude is suggesting we trade Boeser for Domi.

"Montreal needs help on the right-wing and that’s a position of strength for Vancouver. Brock Boeser would likely be enough in a straight across one for one deal, but I can’t see Benning agreeing to such demands and it likely doesn’t improve Vancouver’s scoring ability."

Although he realizes that's too steep a price for JB.

That's a old article. The point was to demonstrate that Domi played wing with Horvat in junior as you had asked.

Edit: just realized someone else asked

Edited by theo5789

1 hour ago, khay said:

Hmm, I think Domi is an improvement scoring wise. 

At this point, I've come to accept that Bo is a scoring line center with decent two way game and perhaps not a Selke level player that dominates both ends of the ice.

Re-uniting Domi with Bo will only improve Bo and Domi's scoring rate.

And Domi can throw a punch (re: Ekblad, although that was a bit of a sucker punch).

We need a 3rd line center similar to Malholtra did for Kesler to free up Bo to focus more on scoring.

Or maybe have Domi as the 2nd line scoring centre... then have Bo focused as the shutdown centre?  

If the Canucks roll only 3 lines and have the 4th lines playing around 9-12 minutes per night.... it may be doable?

2 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Or maybe have Domi as the 2nd line scoring centre... then have Bo focused as the shutdown centre?  

If the Canucks roll only 3 lines and have the 4th lines playing around 9-12 minutes per night.... it may be doable?

I'm just not convinced of Bo's ability as a shutdown center.

Remember when we tried him as a penalty killer and we had one of the worst PK%? He isn't great in our own end. He gives up way to much time and space to whoever he is marking.

I'd use Domi-Bo on as many offensive opportunities as possible and I think Bo can get to 70 points. I think we have a better chance of Petey becoming a Selke winner than Bo at some point in their respective careers.

11 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Sorry, but too many questions about him.........I have heard attitude problems

I am more interested in Lawry or Laughton, as we have Podkolzin coming in to fill in on the top 2 lines

Either one of these 2 guys fills a real need, and will come cheaper

10 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Is the guy you’re quoting under the impression that Domi still plays for Montreal? Lol 

what character problems are you guys taking about? I thought the kid was seen as a hard worker. Is the it MTL contract stuff? 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

what character problems are you guys taking about? I thought the kid was seen as a hard worker. Is the it MTL contract stuff? 

Yeah. I’m not aware of any character issues at all.  If anything he’s all heart 

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

Problem is he's a skill/offensive first center and we already have EP and Bo to do that.

What we desperately need is a top end bottom-6 C that you can rely on to not drown under tough minutes, and perhaps even put up some offense (not an easy player to find, but that is what we need).

Yep you nailed it.    I figured Sam Bennett was someone that fit the above description but I’m not entirely sure.

6 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Yep you nailed it.    I figured Sam Bennett was someone that fit the above description but I’m not entirely sure.

8 hours ago, qwijibo said:

8 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Ok?, maybe I miss-remembered. It's more than possible. :picard: