The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators | March 15, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

16 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

Hasek has 6 Vezinas, more than any of those guys. Had a case for 8 in a row which would have given him the most of all-time. The only guys in Hasek's category when it comes to Vezinas are Plante, Durnan and Dryen who won all theirs in a 6-10 team league (not downplaying their accomplishemnts or ability, just that it was easier to win it just based on numbers).

Also one of only 7 goalies to win a Hart, which none of those guys did. Also the only goalie to win it twice.

I can't really speak to Sawchuk as that well before my time and the league was much different, but Hasek's overall stats are better than both Roy and Brodeur. Really the only thing Hasek needed was a better team in his prime like Brodeur and Roy had.

If Hasek was Canadian, he'd get a lot more respect. But that's not a new story; he's not the only non-Canadian to not get the respect he deserves simply because he's not Canadian.

Nobody had a ~decade long peak like Hasek.

Hasek was called “Dominator “ for reason 

Edited by Silent Man
typo

It's interesting looking at the remaining games for teams. Right now i envision toronto and wpg as 1 & 2. We need those two to start pulling away, winning most games against edm/cgy. I think montreal makes it in due to the couple games in hand and 7 loser points. They also play edm/cal 11 more times combined, It would help us out the most if they won most of those games imo. We would NEED to beat pretty much all remaining games against edm/cal as those are the two we are really fighting with for that last spot.

No matter how you look at it we have alot against us, But it's totally possible still. Just pray to the hockey gods tor/wpg/mon win most of the games remaining against cal/edm. 

• Cheers 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

Demko takes a lot of beating he is ranked no 1 for shots against him... my new favorite canucks goalie pay the guy 7m per for the next 10 years!!!! Extend ian clark also for the next 10 years....

Edited by aznmonk

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

It's interesting looking at the remaining games for teams. Right now i envision toronto and wpg as 1 & 2. We need those two to start pulling away, winning most games against edm/cgy. I think montreal makes it in due to the couple games in hand and 7 loser points. They also play edm/cal 11 more times combined, It would help us out the most if they won most of those games imo. We would NEED to beat pretty much all remaining games against edm/cal as those are the two we are really fighting with for that last spot.

No matter how you look at it we have alot against us, But it's totally possible still. Just pray to the hockey gods tor/wpg/mon win most of the games remaining against cal/edm. 

Just concentrate on beating on Ottawa the next 2 games....

5 hours ago, Devron44 said:

I wonder if Holtby sees one of these Sens games. Would be good goalie management imo then again the back to back is on the weekend. Question is do we want to see Holtby play a game vs Ottawa and Demko the back to back. 

Interesting to see what the do. Cant Run Demko the next four straight imo 

I see Demko playing both games against the Senators. The question is, which out of the two Canadiens games does Holtby get. I don’t see them going with Demko for both of the back-to-back games, either.

• Cheers 1

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I see Demko playing both games against the Senators. The question is, which out of the two Canadiens games does Holtby get. I don’t see them going with Demko for both of the back-to-back games, either.

All points are crucial obviously but you could argue that the points against Montreal are more important because we are chasing them.

I liked the idea of starting Demko tomorrow and Holtby the second Ottawa game, that gives Demko 4 days rest before the back to back. Green has started Marky on back to backs in the past so I could see it 

9 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

All points are crucial obviously but you could argue that the points against Montreal are more important because we are chasing them.

I liked the idea of starting Demko tomorrow and Holtby the second Ottawa game, that gives Demko 4 days rest before the back to back. Green has started Marky on back to backs in the past so I could see it 

That is also a good possibility. I think much of the decision will be based on how comfortable Demko is handling the back-to-back game if they do decide to go with that route. I do hope they don't burn out Demko and give him much needed rest where it's possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

the way I look at it is that we need to go .700 the rest of the way to be basically tied with Montreal at 64 points

64 is what a team playing ,574 (montreal is in 4th playing .574)

It does not matter who ends out in 5th but we need to get to there to be in.

.700 is 7 wins in 10 games

we have 25 games left, so for ease of figuring, 7/10-7/10 3.5/5 gets us there.

so, here goes, 

first 10 - beat Ottawa twice, split Montreal and Winnipeg, beat Calgary and Edmonton, split Winnipeg

the next 10- beat Calgary twice, Split Edmonton and Toronto, take 3 or 4 from Ottawa

final 5-split with Toronto, beat Edmonton, pick up a loser point against Edmonton, beat Calgary

Montreal for 63 points ( I think they hold firtst tie breaker)

5.5/10   - 5.5/10-   5/9

first ten, split Winnipeg, split Vancouver, split Edmonton(3) (including an OTL)take 2/3 from Ottawa

next ten, beat Ottawa , lose to Edmonton, OTL Toronto, split Winnipeg, beat Toronto, Split Calgary, Split Edmonton

last nine, take 2/3 in Calgary, lose to Toronto, beat Winnipeg, beat Ottawa, take 1/3 against Toronto

for Edmonton to get 63 points, they need to get 27 points fron 26 games

5/10-     5/10-     3.5/6

first ten Split Calgary then Winnipeg, take 2/3 from Montreal (incliding an OT win), split Toronto, Lose to Calgary

next ten, lose to Vancouver, beat Montreal, split Ottawa, Split Vancouver, beat Winnipeg, Split Montreal, Lose to Winnipeg

Last six, Lose to Winnipeg, Split Calgary, split Vancouver (both in OT) Beat Calgary

Calgary is 5-10 against Vancouver/Edmonton and Montreal, so they win all the rest of their games 

they take 3rd with 65 points

hahaha

because... it could happen 

Catching Ottawa at the end of a back to back after an emotional Leafs win, we've got to play a heavy game, hit them hard, wear them down and we'll win these 2 games easily, then be 1 game back of .500 going into Montreal. 

It's all on this team now, losing any points in this 2 game series is unacceptable if they want to get back into it the way they play against the Habs. We need 6/8 points of the next 4 games however you slice it.