The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators | March 15, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Is it time to rebuild the rebuild? Structure the team around Demko and Hughes, trade everyone else?

No.

No it’s not.

That would be Neely-ing the team by a factor of 10 for the next quarter century.

Edited by Me_
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

We don't fire people and we don't demote vets because we treat the team like a family instead of a NHL hockey organization with winning being the principal operation.

YAY miller thank you we needed both points!!

I agree. I've worked in too many environments where it's a 'country club atmosphere'. Not cool. Taking care of business is/should always be first priority. 

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This is not how they played last year.

Not sure which team you were watching. Yea their defensive game wasn’t great but this is a whole new level.

This is how they've played for the last 4 years since Green took over. The reason they have had any success at all playing his pathetic brand of hockey is because of outstanding goaltending and elite offensive talent.  Imagine how good they could be if they had a real coach. 

Edited by CptCanuck16
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

OMG, really! He only comes out and only tweets during wins. It was a horrible win at that. The way they played tonight is exactly why they were so dismal at the start. Demko is the reason they are in most games. What is wrong with our owner? He has to be honest with himself and know that this team isn't good enough. He can't be impressed with that win can he. He's bragging after the team gave scoring chance after scoring chance to the worst team. It leaves me shaking my head.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Lol wut??

I'm no map maker, but I think ottawa is pretty close to ottawa.

Lol my bad thought it was in Vancouver Hahaha

To be fair it was a safe assumption. Everybody in the stands is usually that quiet! 

Edited by MikeyD
  • Haha 3

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

OMG, really! He only comes out during wins. It was a horrible win at that. The way they played tonight is exactly why they were so dismal. Demko is the reason they are in most games. What is wrong with our owner? He has to be honest with himself and know that this team isn't good enough. He can't be impressed with that win can he. He's bragging after the team gave scoring chance after scoring chance to the worst team. It leaves me shaking my head.

isn't Demko on the team?

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Ottawa has beaten the top team in the division 3 times this year. Although we didn’t play very good it shouldnt be expected we’d stomp them especially with Murray out lol.

But seriously Ottawa shoots from everywhere. If I remember correctly it was the same thing earlier in the year. The difference is we scored 5-7 goals each time 

Edited by Devron44
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2