The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators | March 15, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

We can't bring him back. It would be another contract that will haunt us long term which likely means Benning will sign him. lol.

I don’t mind bringing some othe guys back if they are paid and play there more fitted roles 

such as sutter as 4c and Pearson on the third 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Dib, you can always talk to me, pal. You make sense ... quite often. 

Not always sensible Jack but from the heart.  I struggle with the Hockey Buddhist types who see joy in just watching a game with no concern for how it is actually being played. Why bother?

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

A win is a win, 

We've lost games we should have won this year for sure and vice versa..

Take the 2 points and sharpen up next game.

Need to rest Demko soon, either Wednesday or Friday for sure.

1 point out of a playoff spot!... this very second

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

So you want to sign Pearson? He will want around 4 million a year. Is that something that is a good thing for this team?

what makes you think that's what he's going to ask for?

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

isn't Demko on the team?

Along with 18 other players who I didn’t notice putting much effort in.

Teams that ride one player like they’re doing are bound to fail. If they had all 19 guys bringing the effort Demko does they could be a real good team.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

it must really irk some people that the team is playing better and getting points.  It never seems more toxic here than when they start improving

I see many holes on this team and it is evident. Sure they are winning, all thanks to Demko but how long will playing like this eventually ends up in a losing streak? Their defense has been terrible and many givr aways again in the defensive zone. How many times did Demko bail us? Demko will not be playing like superman every night so the team needs to play better especially against the worst team in the league.

1 minute ago, billabong said:

If the Canucks make the playoffs, demko will win the vezina 

and he’ll be due for a big raise in the summer 

I’d try and strike a long term deal. Short team would only increase his value and cap hit later on. I’d sign him long term, not even a question 

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

So you want to sign Pearson? He will want around 4 million a year. Is that something that is a good thing for this team?

not sure how Pearson is relevant to my comment.  Pick a lane

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Along with 18 other players who I didn’t notice putting much effort in.

Teams that ride one player like they’re doing are bound to fail. If they had all 19 guys bringing the effort Demko does they could be a real good team.

meh, I didn't think it was that bad.  I didn't think it was that good either, but I never felt like the wheels were coming off

• Cheers 1

I would be down for a coaching change at the end of the year. I have lost faith in Green’s systems other than for developing elite goalies with the amount of chances we give up. 

It’s just carry over from last year. We’re still stagnant. 

Hopefully Demko can keep playing amazingly well. We need him to be elite if we want to continue to win.

• Cheers 1