The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators | March 15, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

10 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

I didn't watch the game tonight but I knew that it is the issue with coaching that I hope that it would be sorted out by the summer if Benning decides to let him go.  He's in the final year of contract and Benning could opt not to sign him and instead, find a new coach before all good coaches is snagged up by the time off-season begins.   We should be thanking a lucky star because we have Demko for foreseen future all thanks to Benning's drafting.  I would say that Benning is a great GM with finding all of those players but needs to find a right coach to mesh him into a superstar team.   They do have the potential to breakout at anytime with right coach.   

Right, so what are you trying say?

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Nonsense..

Players get what they are worth according to how much they contribute..

Demmer is top 5 goalie in NHL 

Hughes is not close to being top 5 Dman in NHL.. look what Tyson Barrie just got and he's UFA. 24 pts plus 2 vs minus 15 same points..

No way Barrie gets 8 mill plus even tho overall he's a better Dman than QH at this point in their respective careers 

QH will do 3 yr bridge deal around 5 mill or he sits imo.. 

lets just sign ep40 qh and td to matching 3yr x5mil, that way we can resign sutter to a new 4 million dollar contract. Sutter is BAE

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Demmer is top 5 goalie in NHL 

No. Not yet at least.

Hughes is leading the league in points by a D man. That will be an easy argument for his agent to get a long term 7-8 million dollar deal. Of course the Canucks could do a smaller bridge but I doubt they want to.

A goalie who is just emerging as a starter will fall in the 4.5-5.5 mil range.

Gms and agents use real comparables not eye tests.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Im intrigued by Gallant but dont know enough about the issues that led to his dismissals. 

Part of me doesnt care if he can take this team to the cup or at least get them to play an NHL calibre game but would he survive the "woke" masses in Vancouver?

The market is tough no doubt.

But Gallant is as tough as they come.. good oll Newfie boy.. they still make them tough in that part of the country...

Edited by WHL rocks

55 minutes ago, stawns said:

it must really irk some people that the team is playing better and getting points.  It never seems more toxic here than when they start improving

LOL.  Who's playing better?  Demko is carrying a team that just gave up 50 shots to an AHL team that played last night. 

48 minutes ago, FijianCanuck said:

Gonna disagree man...Luongo when he came here was doing the same.

Markstrom stole lots of games too, nice change from the goalie graveyard we had for a decade. 

31 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

So far the battle of Alberta ain’t livin up to the hype

Yes it is.

20210315_185234.thumb.jpg.eb36ea7107832c61068821d13ebe7e06.jpg

Love how BT was in Miller's grill at the end of the 3rd and how Miller blew past the fatigued BT to pot the beauty OT winner. Hope Miller gets his mojo back and that the rest of the team feed off his energy cause when he is going, he drags the team into the battle!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Vs new York or Toronto I dont think so.m

Lmao look around, did you happen to venture outside today? One of the most beautiful places in the world. Toronto can keep their lake and flat terrain and New York can keep their concrete jungle 

Edited by cdgraham
  • Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Hughes is leading the league in points by a D man. That will be an easy argument for his agent to get a long term 7-8 million dollar deal. Of course the Canucks could do a smaller bridge but I doubt they want to.

If I'm a RFA this year I take a 3 year bridge deal.  It's a flat cap and you won't get paid big now.  The deals that will be signed in a few years (with crowds back and the new tv deals) will be huge.  $12-13 million contracts instead of 7 or 8 they'd get now.