The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators | March 15, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

13 hours ago, Nucksownyou said:

Uhh, no. Demko hasn't done enough to earn that. He will likely get similar the last contract that Markstrom had with us.

Markstrom wasn’t the starter when he signed that contract but backup to Ryan Miller.

Demko will have 2 seasons to free agency.  Might be better to try and go long term if they have the cap space.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

That post makes him sound like an owner that doesn't understand the business he is in. . 

This post make you sound like a typical CDC fan who is just looking for an excuse to voice an irrelevant opinion...

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, mll said:

Markstrom wasn’t the starter when he signed that contract but backup to Ryan Miller.

Demko will have 2 seasons to free agency.  Might be better to try and go long term if they have the cap space.

I foresee 6-7yrs at 5 to 5.5m per. Hopefully it's a ripper of a deal when this core hits full maturity.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, kloubek said:

Yes, and right now the Canadiens hold down that spot with 4 games in hand. The Flames are also ahead of us with 3 games in hand. Therefore, we will need to jump 2 teams to make it.

Oil are about even with us and 6 points ahead of us BUT they face Calgary, Winn, Mon and Leafs this month. Barrie is injured do not know how bad or for how long and Khiara looks concussed.

They could be big considering their depth. 

3 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I love Francesco - amidst all the anger & calls for a coach/GM firing - just casually sending this tweet out after the game. (When they got outplayed by the worst team)

Props to Ottawa. They have been taking the loses on the chin and just keep coming at you. Beat some good teams with some good players. They are starting to find some chemistry.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, RomanP said:

Take some English lessons, "irrelevEnt" lol

Don't be that guy. There are so many from all over. My first language is English but I lived for 7 years in Mexico and now live in a Slavic country. I flip through 3 languages and I know my spelling and structures are terrible at times because of it.

• Cheers 3

5 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Virtanen has clearly turned a corner and has been impressive to say the least in the last 7 games. No coincidence it happened as soon as he was iced with actual NHL players that have a brain in the offensive zone. No chance in hell we don't explore his potential on Bo's wing further. Gaudette is what, 22? Yikes man give it some time. Both scored 18 goals in 65 games last year. 

Hahahaha, I must have missed those 7 games :huh:

but wait, i did watch those games and I definitely would not have used the word impressive to describe Jake's game.

In his defence i have noticed a bit better backchecking and getting the puck out of our end, some solid hits as well.

impressive is Demko's Game right now

Go Canucks Go

10 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Don't be that guy. There are so many from all over. My first language is English but I lived for 7 years in Mexico and now live in a Slavic country. I flip through 3 languages and I know my spelling and structures are terrible at times because of it.

Dude, English is my 4th language (after Ukrainian, Russian and Hebrew). Just saying... I would never just correct someone in a regular conversation. In this case was someone trying to be a smart ass.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

no need to defend yourself 

I bet RomanP is a Virgo

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Oil are about even with us and 6 points ahead of us BUT they face Calgary, Winn, Mon and Leafs this month. Barrie is injured do not know how bad or for how long and Khiara looks concussed.

They could be big considering their depth. 

Don't we face the same teams this month?