The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The I have Mixed Feelings about Jim Benning Chaosthread 3000

Rate this topic

Me_

5 hours ago, Melbourne Canuck said:

Isn’t there another year or two of the $3M Luongo recapture as well? Granted, that’s not JB’s fault but it’s a lot of money to not be able to spend in the flat cap environment. 

One more year

Seasons over

fire Benning before he can do anymore damage to this franchise.

if you go back an read or listen to his “plan” of  stay competitive rebuild and it doesn’t have to take ten years.... he failed at every statement he made over the last 6 season. add that to 
Players lost for nothing 

terrible signings 

bad contracts 

bad trades 

salary cap mismanagement 

yup we’ve drafted ok in the first round top 10 

he’s been given all the money he wants to do what he wanted capped out every year.

He’s failed he’s a failure he needs to be fired ASAP

we have one of the worst winning % in the league over the last 7 years.

Cue the excuses. 

1CB90261-1B98-45A4-BD45-2264C1008F10.jpeg

7DF87129-3CF6-4E43-BFB9-9266D02DA5B1.jpeg

AFC443CA-4225-4D10-88E2-CE7E4CBA895E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 2

3 hours ago, combover said:

Seasons over

if you go back an read or listen to his “plan” of  stay competitive rebuild and it doesn’t have to take ten years.... he failed at every statement he made over the last 6 season. add that to 
Players lost for nothing 

terrible signings 

bad contracts 

bad trades 

salary cap mismanagement 

he’s been given all the money he wants to do what he wanted capped out every year.

Cue the excuses. 

You're going to upset all the "Homeys" with honesty like that, exposing the uselessness of our bottom 6 that Jim Benning was responsible for putting together (The worst in the league).  Many Canucks fans would be more than happy with 7 more years of this $h1t because their heart rate goes up when you mention the word "Change" because that might disrupt their comfortable / predictable lives.  

image.jpeg.f6a8b76e0ba63762f02dbc6163efc47f.jpeg

Great Post BTW !!!

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 3

17 hours ago, combover said:

Seasons over

Players lost for nothing 

terrible signings 

bad contracts 

bad trades 

salary cap mismanagement 

Cue the excuses. 

The most baffling thing about last off season for me was the “we ran outta time” comment when it came to signing Toffoli, Tanev and Markstrom. He had all season to work something out with them. I understand the Markstrom & Tanev decisions if what they signed for in Calgary was what they were seeking from VAN. Those deals will be prohibitive in the back end but letting Toffoli walk for that modest deal while re-signing RFA Virtanen and chasing an OEL trade with the cap as tight as it was made zero sense to me at the time (even now!).

• Cheers 2

Did Benning really hint that he is going to re-sign Vesey? Making excuses for how hard it is to change teams mid season and talking about how good he thinks he can be?

Honestly, is he watching the games?

Fire this goof now if thats his assessment of Vesey. He has been absolute trash.

• Cheers 1

The one thing I realized about Benning in all this is that off all the things we say about him the common thread is that he really doesn't do a good job taking control of a situation and navigating around the various circumstances.

We all know Benning is good in drafting. But drafting is when the GM has the most control of the situation with the only factors you need to work around is your draft position (which isn't really a problem for Benning since the Canucks have mostly end up picking the 5 to 10 spots) and which player is available when it's your team.

Other areas like managing the team, signing players, and trading requires you to navigate the situation with the players, the other team GM's, or the coaching staff. And this is, where I fear, Benning struggles at 

Another example is this Covid year. The stories you are hearing with DiPietro and how the Blues prevented DiPietro from playing games in Utica is very strange. 

And some could argue that the Canucks played poorly this season because of the schedule they had. But doesn't the GM have a say in the schedule? I know teams work with the league to come up with a schedule for the season. Why did other teams in the North Division get better schedules but the Canucks didn't? Or did the other GMs just did a better job working with the league when doing the schedule?

So it's a thought but I just don't think Benning is good handling things when other external factors are in play.

On 5/11/2021 at 7:34 AM, combover said:

Seasons over

Players lost for nothing 

terrible signings 

bad contracts 

bad trades 

salary cap mismanagement 

Cue the excuses. 

This could possibly be the most honest post of the year !   ................and yes, Benning and Green both have to go.

Enough is enough !   I don't want 7 more years of this Bull-$h1t.

Edited by RU SERIOUS

7 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

This could possibly be the most honest post of the year !   ................and yes, Benning and Green both have to go.

Enough is enough !   I don't want 7 more years of this Bull-$h1t.

It's a stupid post that he constantly posts over and over again like a troll. Not surprised you love it, though.

• Thanks 1