Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The I Have Mixed Feelings About Travis Green ChoasThread 3000

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Welp, I'm correctively impaired.

 

That's confirmation bias for ya.

Here's another one I'm curious about.

 

Shots against on average and high danger chances given up. That's where my main beef with Green is. 

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My feelings aren't mixed, Green's systems in the defensive zone are way way too passive.Cannot get to loose pucks and give up way too many prime chances.

 

His offensive systems tend to rely too much into the "safe" play, clear the puck, dump-ins, tip passes etc. So many times we simply give the puck away when we have it to make the safe clear or dump in and cannot win it back...

 

I would question his acumen by the level of game preparation, when we are on we can compete, so many games or period we get totally out played and out shot. Just not ready... Cannot happen in the NHL.

 

Green's biggest flaw imho is his inability to adapt when the other team's tactics are winning and the ice is tilted, he will go down swinging instead of altering his game plan.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We've got to stop this AHL coach experiment. Just look at what a bonifide NHL coach can do to a young core in their prime - Quinneville in Florida. Sure, their team is much stronger than ours, but we should not be 2 games below .500. This season is basically a playoff format with all of these mini series and AHL coaches struggle making adjustments the same way proper NHL coaches do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Green is just another one of several mediocre Canuck coaches since 1970. There were 2 exceptions Roger Nielson and Pat Quin.

Green seems to just go to the game and hope it goes well. He like Vigneau and most of the Canuck coaches over the years, he doesn't react or make moves strategically to win.

My opinion is that Vancouver has always had enough fans that management is satisfied. Of course Iron Mike and Torts were good coaches, but they spoke out and identified Canucks weaknesses. A coach must be dedicated to the fans and his players.

 

So flashes of greatness only last so long with a team that has its share of older players that have huge salaries but weaken the team. Why the team didn't go after Burrows is probaly because he wasn't the nicest  player. He was a winner though.

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This season showed that Green is more of a statistics man than a players man. 
So I give up now. I don’t believe any more that  Green has a plan. If he had we would be above the Habs now, even games played. 
 

so his strange decisions in games are just strange...
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2021 at 5:40 AM, Timråfan said:

This season showed that Green is more of a statistics man than a players man. 
So I give up now. I don’t believe any more that  Green has a plan. If he had we would be above the Habs now, even games played. 
 

so his strange decisions in games are just strange...
 

Green's system of dumping and chasing is so bleeding boring. I'm watching the Boston/NJ game and neither of these teams abuse the crap out of this "neanderthal" system (your favourite word).


NJ reminds me a bit of Green's team, with the terrible defensive breakdowns. If you watch other teams, our systems are so boring and predictable. Is it overly simplistic? One thing for sure is that our style of play hasn't changed from season to season.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2021 at 10:02 AM, snucks said:

Green is just another one of several mediocre Canuck coaches since 1970. There were 2 exceptions Roger Nielson and Pat Quin.

Green seems to just go to the game and hope it goes well. He like Vigneau and most of the Canuck coaches over the years, he doesn't react or make moves strategically to win.

My opinion is that Vancouver has always had enough fans that management is satisfied. Of course Iron Mike and Torts were good coaches, but they spoke out and identified Canucks weaknesses. A coach must be dedicated to the fans and his players.

 

So flashes of greatness only last so long with a team that has its share of older players that have huge salaries but weaken the team. Why the team didn't go after Burrows is probaly because he wasn't the nicest  player. He was a winner though.

I agree that Green is a mediocre coach, but Alain is far from a mediocre one because he has actually accomplished a lot of accolades. That being said, both Torts and AV play a certain rigid style of game that just doesn't allow certain kinds of players to flourish.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dazzle said:

I agree that Green is a mediocre coach, but Alain is far from a mediocre one because he has actually accomplished a lot of accolades. That being said, both Torts and AV play a certain rigid style of game that just doesn't allow certain kinds of players to flourish.

AV was too passive to be a good playoff coach, even though we were the best team in the league we got bullied in the playoffs with no response. As for Torts, I just think the timing was bad, you can’t  go from AV style to Torts just like that, it a huge shock to the system.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Green's system of dumping and chasing is so bleeding boring. I'm watching the Boston/NJ game and neither of these teams abuse the crap out of this "neanderthal" system (your favourite word).


NJ reminds me a bit of Green's team, with the terrible defensive breakdowns. If you watch other teams, our systems are so boring and predictable. Is it overly simplistic? One thing for sure is that our style of play hasn't changed from season to season.

 

 

 

 

The Flames play close to the same system but are better with passing the puck. Similar to when we had our great run last season. 

And the Miller way is close to neanderthal... I believe one reason Petey stumble is the wise words from the crash and burn Miller.

I' m not sure why Green/Benning thought he could learn Petey anything. B)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...