The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Demko stay healthy and properly signed

Rate this topic

Harold27k

42 minutes ago, hammertime said:

image.jpeg.f8b8537bb59ed3b1dd3340d4c2f163b0.jpeg

Oops. Reported this by accident. Nothing wrong with this at all! 

I think we all have to remember the team that is playing in front of these guys. Given the scoring chances, since Demko found his footing this season he's been spectacular.... moreso than I think Luongo would be under the constant barrage, if I'm being honest. For most of the time with Luongo in net, we had a high scoring, high possession team.

Can Demko always play like this? Still premature to say I think, but he's at least clearly capable of doing so. He's also proven he has the potential to elevate his game in the playoffs, which is a big plus.

Edited by kloubek

Comparing Demko to King Richard, Captain Kirk, Luongo, and......Schneider??!!?!?!???. Well.....Schneider aside..........Demko, as we know,  has yet to accomplish what the other aforementioned backstops have achieved as a Canuck. That being said, I feel we have a keeper in Demko. It's my belief that he has the ability to bring our Canucks a  SCC. It's also noteworthy that he is an original Canuck. We drafted him; didn't trade to get him as we did with the above aforementioned goalies. 

38 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Oops. Reported this by accident. Nothing wrong with this at all! 

I think we all have to remember the team that is playing in front of these guys. Given the scoring chances, since Demko found his footing this season he's been spectacular.... moreso than I think Luongo would be under the constant barrage, if I'm being honest. For most of the time with Luongo in net, we had a high scoring, high possession team.

Can Demko always play like this? Still premature to say I think, but he's at least clearly capable of doing so. He's also proven he has the potential to elevate his game in the playoffs, which is a big plus.

What Luongo did for years - yes years - in Florida, routinely facing 40 plus shots - sometimes over 50, is what Demko has somewhat had to deal with for his less then one year as a back-up and way less then a season as a starter so far.   It's why i was so stoked to get him in the first place, really nobody in the history of me watching the game was i happier before or since see come in as trade.   Luongo was already a top 3ish goalie in every stat but wins.    Those Florida teams were a lot worse...

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1