The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators | March 17, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

All four officials each have over 1,000 games of NHL experience.

REFEREES

Eric Furlatt #27
EF27.jpg
Marc Joannette #25
MJ25.jpg
Games ’20-21 27 26
Games ’19-20 (Reg/PO) 30 / 11 63 / 8
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1232 / 139 1388 / 168
First NHL Game 10/8/01 10/1/99
Birthplace Trois-Rivieres, QC Verdun, QC

LINESMEN

Steve Barton #59
SB59.jpg
Michel Cormier #76
MC76.jpg
Games ’20-21 26 27
Games ’19-20 (Reg/PO) 63 / 18 31 / 12
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1294 / 107 1127 / 74
First NHL Game 11/1/00 10/10/03
Birthplace Vankleek Hill, ON Trois-Rivieres, QC
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CR7 said:

We know what we have in Juolevi, so far on the PK Canucks have not seen a goal scored against with him on the ice... My info may be wrong here, but he needs his chance to play.

Greener was supposed to be a players coach, willing to teach and let players learn. Guess that only counts if your Hughes. Dude can make how many bone head plays and still get 22 mins a night. Yeah offense blah blah... Juolevi makes a couple mistakes and he's just not ready, back to the press box. Like Jeff Skinner said, can't learn much from the press box, already know how hockey is played...

If Skinner really said that, his entire story arc kinda makes sense now.

58 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

Isn't the goal right now to try and win out to get into the playoffs tho? If you can give Holtby an Easy night tonight and then ride Demko against Montreal before he has a week off I think that gives you the best chance to win out but that's just my thought

you think the other night was easy , they barely won!

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, xereau said:

If Skinner really said that, his entire story arc kinda makes sense now.

Might not have been Skinner that said it and maybe this Twitter dude, but TSN sure made it sound like Skinner had said it

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Except Demko's pedigree is really good. 

He's been a great goalie at every level so it's not like he came out of nowhere. His technical skills and positioning is solid and something you would expect from a top tier goalie. Those things don't go away

Markstrom was considered one of the best goalies prospects in the world when he was drafted - considered a sure thing.   It's rare that a goalie goes in the first round these days, ... well any days really - GMs won't risk it because really go look at the names of goalies drafted in the first round - a ton of misses.   Markstrom was regarded as the best goalie of his class and highly touted for years.   Demko has 6-8 peers since he was drafted that have a chance or are already doing it.   Vasilevsky is already 17 all-time in wins for first round goalies...passed Schneider.     It's a strange position for sure.   Demko keeps it up for 2-3 more years like things have been so far - then he approaches what Luongo did before he came to Van - except for the fact we have a way better team infront of him. 

In other words i've seen the exact same thing so many times i'm not going to get too excited yet about Demko becoming the next "   " 

If he's going to approach what Luongo did in Florida for example - he's going to have to get close to or get us into the playoffs.     Not that i don't like Demko - i do and for sure am in his corner - but there is a lot to do yet before he surpasses his own peer group, and a lot more to do before he passes folks before him. 

Edited by IBatch

1 hour ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Another game, no sign of Pettersson playing.

But, uh, yeah, just a minor injury...hmmm....

#HeGone
#ThankYouElias

he has an excuse, as he is not on the ice

no sign of Roussel playing and he is dressed almost every game....

#26ToTheRafters

21 minutes ago, CR7 said:

Might not have been Skinner that said it and maybe this Twitter dude, but TSN sure made it sound like Skinner had said it

Like you mentioned, maybe he said it maybe not?  But if he did say it that's a pretty entitled attitude.  Sounds like a player who hasn't had to work for much in his career since things came fairly easy to him - now that he's expected to work for it he's claiming 'it's a vague concept'? 

For a guy making 9mil/year for the next 7 years you'd think he'd at least be embarrassed (if not ashamed) that he's contributing absolutely NOTHING to his team at the moment.  

• Like 1