The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators | March 17, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

you do realize that ottawa is oe of the better puck possesion teams in the league? we kept them to thier average shots, whats the problem?

My problem is this style of play is not sustainable. I was hoping the way we played last game was a one off but then we followed it up with another uninspiring effort from everyone other than Demko.

At some point I would like the entire team to collectively pull the rope in the same direction. You can’t just keep putting it all on Demko. These are the times you need your young leaders to step up and have the team play hard for more than 20 minutes a game.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, -Moose said:

This coming from the guy who just argued we didn't get out played since we were only down by 3 shots

Did you even watch the game?

oh your right 20 blocked shots are a bad stat.

quality shots count, otherwise ottawa would have a 500 record.

13 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Rangers tonight is a prime example that coaching matters. All AHL coaching and they are up 9-0!!!

How people can't see our current staff holds us back is mind boggling. How they can watch how we play vs how montreal plays and be OK with that is something else.
So many little adjustments can be made during a game when the opposition has the momentum, yet we just fall back to passive give them the zone with time and space every time.

Thank god we have demko to keep giving us wins... But even with half a useless roster we still could be utilizing the good players soo much more...

So what you're saying is the Rangers real coaching staff is trash and that they should fire them and stay with the AHL coaching staff?

Good luck with that reasoning.

Just now, Petey_BOI said:

ok, i'm going to spell it out slowly for you. t h e      c a n u c k s        h a v e         t h e      h o t t e s t      PP        I n       T h e      l e a g u e        r i g h t     n o w.

Not all year though B.....U......D 

easy to jump in and say I told yah so when they’re winning. The PP did strugggle a lot and the overall play of the team sucked for the first 20 games. So off you high horse there Pete the Cat. 

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

And you actually think that's why they are winning 9-0?   TG or whomever can only do so much - unless you expect him to put on the skates and take a shift.    Nobody will give him credit for the games we outplayed other teams but lost against (it happened) - and in case you haven't noticed OTT tonight's game most of their shots weren't dangerous.   And in case you didn't know - they do that to other teams too (just shoot the puck and hope for the best any chance they have - pushes the shot clock up, but it's not indicative of how the actual game went). 

If coaching didn't play such a factor, why do teams have 3 on the bench and another few in the sky? Why fire them when the team is under performing? Why not just let the players go out and dictate what to do on their own? 

I like travis as a players coach, His approach vs torts is night and day. Personally i want the brown and baumer gone and player deployment and systems in those two areas they have control over are pathetic vs what it could be.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

My problem is this style of play is not sustainable. I was hoping the way we played last game was a one off but then we followed it up with another uninspiring effort from everyone other than Demko.

At some point I would like the entire team to collectively pull the rope in the same direction. You can’t just keep putting it all on Demko. These are the times you need your young leaders to step up and have the team play hard for more than 20 minutes a game.

well i guess washington, pittsburgh chicago ad phili are all crap teams too? quality shots count 

3 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

ok, i'm going to spell it out slowly for you. t h e      c a n u c k s        h a v e         t h e      h o t t e s t      PP        I n       T h e      l e a g u e        r i g h t     n o w.

And imagine how good it would be if they had a qualified coach to run it, instead of producing in spite of Brown handicapping the team.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

They dug themselves too deep a hole most likely and any objective fan can see the disgusting amount of warts even in the wins. Can you imagine if they had to play any good teams? Lol...

They have and they won.

5 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

Does not compute with their logic.

1 minute ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Not all year though B.....U......D 

easy to jump in and say I told yah so when they’re winning. The PP did strugggle a lot and the overall play of the team sucked for the first 20 games. So off you high horse there Pete the Cat. 

no..... you can't say the powerplay sucks cause when it's hot, and then at the same time say demko is hot when he's hot. your just a h8r