The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators | March 17, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

And our high caliber goaltending. “We do that” because of our high caliber goaltending as well.

didn't want to argue thier point, but yes it is another huge reason. quality is more important than total.

Imagine our best polayer is out and we have won 6 out of seven and people are complaining.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Puck possession comes from doing all the things I listed. Making plays, moving your feet, winning puck battles, and not turning over the puck.

This team can play that way when it wants to, we’ve seen it. The difference is putting talk into action which there’s been way too little of.  

You give way too much credit to Ottawa and not nearly enough criticism for the way our guys played.

we are not a puck possesion team, and that's ok. 

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

didn't want to argue thier point, but yes it is another huge reason. quality is more important than total.

Imagine our best polayer is out and we have won 6 out of seven and people are complaining.

It is mind boggling, and I would even venture to say mind bending. 

2 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Because you can't fire the players.  That's why the coach gets fired when the team is underperforming.  Coaches get way too much credit for what happens in the game IMO.  The only thing they control is when players are on the ice (and calling timeouts when momentum changes are needed).  

As the saying goes, show me a good coach, I'll show you a good goaltender.

Right, Thats why head coaches alone get 3+ million a year right? We are just hockey fans. But to sit here and think the smartest people in hockey aka NHL executives and willing to pay them that much and know they play such a little factor in the game is silly.

It's called structure my friend, Most people don't have jobs they just show up to and do what they think is best. Manager / Boss = coach. 
Bad ones = bad business. Good ones = Good business. But this doesn't translate to hockey for whatever reason? I'm not so sure about that.

7 minutes ago, Kenny Blankenship said:

1-0 with Vesey in the pregame warmup. 

I think Vesey gave us a bump. He's ready to take someone's spot. All the bottom 6 could hear the footsteps. 

There's a sense of cognitive dissonance by our fans when we win ugly. Maybe expectations are too high? Some people sound like the kid who is upset then throws his toy into the fireplace. They ain't all gonna be Piccaso's people. Injuries and new players are also hurting our team chemistry. But I'm glad Michaelis and LE are out. Bo was gassed on that penalty shot. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

It's actually only the AHL coach, that's there, isn't the assistant the AGM (Chris Drury).  I don't think this coach had anytime to put in any systems.  If you think he did, you're one crazy dude.  You need weeks to implement a new system.  Hence, why they have training camps.

A little speech and line deployment? Something had to play a factor tonight a crap team is up 9-0!

Edited by Mustard Tiger

3 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

Demko's not out?

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Does it matter how the wins come?

Canucks have won 6 of theirs last 7.

If you genuinely think the Canucks, other than Demko, outplayed Vegas in the playoffs last year, then I guess not in your case. 

Canucks took Vegas to game 7.

If you genuinely think the Canucks, other than Demko, outplayed Ottawa, then I guess not in your case. 

Canucks have won 6 of their last 7.

If you genuinely think the Canucks current performance level, other than Demko, will lead to long, sustainable playoff runs, then I guess not in your case.

Canucks have become a perennial cup contender. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Why would you play Hog when you have Sutter? 

Haha Id love to see Hog in OT as well and that’s a head scratcher.

I also knew the lower mainland collectively groaned when I saw Sutter out there in OT... (he’s had a few winners though from what I can remember - seems to be smart enough to get his chances and he’s always had a decent shot)