The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators | March 17, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

Bah of course the Jets couldn’t close it out in regulation.

Still gained a point on the Habs at least. Can’t pass them Friday though.

19 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

EwuyPdkWQAIOCj-?format=jpg&name=medium

Demko looking like he’s the real deal is huge for the future of this core.

A tidy little 5x5 deal after this season sets everyone up nicely.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Toffoli on pace for a 50 goal season...

I was just about to say of course it was him to tie it up.  I’m a big JB homer but that was a pretty significant fumble.  Maybe I’ll just blame the luongo recapture. 

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
51 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Why would you play Hog when you have Sutter? 

Green was trying to defend the tie in OT smh lol

2 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I was just about to say of course it was him to tie it up.  I’m a big JB homer but that was a pretty significant fumble.  Maybe I’ll just blame the luongo recapture. 

If it feels any better I don’t think it’s sustainable. Great player but he’s more of a 30 goal guy in a good season. Sucked we lost him but I’ll blame Covid for not shutting the league down earlier. We wouldn’t have know differently then hahaha 

• Hydration 1
8 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Green was trying to defend the tie in OT smh lol

Trusts his goalie in a shootout more than his skaters at 3 on 3 apparently. 

Edited by DIBdaQUIB
  • Huggy Bear 1

We eeked out 2 wins against the Sens in OT and SO.

I hope they were saving their energy (unlikely) because Mtl is going to slap this team back into reality if the boys don't play with some desperation. 

Green, you know Mtl is gonna go out on an all out blitz on the forecheck.... Please have an answer for this because we all know it's coming

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

If it feels any better I don’t think it’s sustainable. Great player but he’s more of a 30 goal guy in a good season. Sucked we lost him but I’ll blame Covid for not shutting the league down earlier. We wouldn’t have know differently then hahaha 

Oh yeah and the fact he destroyed us to start the year is totally skewing his totals...

on the “bright” side I’ve gained a bonus objective cheering for the Habs to not make the playoffs this year or to lose early if they do because of him. Usually I wouldn’t really care one way or another about them.

I think what happened in the bubble last year made fans believe the team was further ahead than it was. Remember this team was barely going to make the playoffs last year. Even I had high expectations. Having time to think about it I realize that I made the mistake of thinking they were on the verge of being elite right away. I think they still need to add pieces to be a contender. I think they over achieved in the bubble which led to unrealistic expectations. As I said before I am just happy Demko has taken over and ran with it.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1
  • Hydration 3
1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I think what happened in the bubble last year made fans believe the team was further ahead than it was. Remember this team was barely going to make the playoffs last year. Even I had high expectations. Having time to think about it I realize that I made the mistake of thinking they were on the verge of being elite right away. I think they still need to add pieces to be a contender. I think they over achieved in the bubble which led to unrealistic expectations. As I said before I am just happy Demko has taken over and ran with it.

They were far ahead,then lost too many players to UFA

Just a reminder on a night that Zibanejad has a 6 point night and an NHL record that the Sens traded him and a 2nd for Brassard...

Oh and they lost their 5th straight against us. 

For a team that’s not relatively that old they sure have had their share of misery.

• Hydration 1
21 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Nah bro I got a meaningful life to live. Have fun being a troll

hating on the team during a big 6/7 win streak, and i'm the troll? anyways i digress, hate away if that's what brings you meaning in your life.

2 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Oh yeah and the fact he destroyed us to start the year is totally skewing his totals...

on the “bright” side I’ve gained a bonus objective cheering for the Habs to not make the playoffs this year or to lose early if they do because of him. Usually I wouldn’t really care one way or another about them.

I think it would be hilarious if somehow Canucks get in and Montreal and Calgary are out. What would people say then? I’m sure there would be something to complain about but you know what I’m saying.

Couple big games against Montreal and Winnipeg each and guess what Canucks have a week off. It’s possible 

• Hydration 1