The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Sabres fire Krueger amid 12 game winless skid

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

For some reason I thought he did a decent job in Edmonton   I liked the guy.

But the responses on this board seem to say otherwise. 

And I agree with you about the exec. Bit 

I like him too. I think people really undervalue leadership skills. 

• Cheers 1

He improved the Oiler PP and Buffalo's is decent as well given their top guys cant score.  Heck he even had Nail Yakupov looking like a NHL player.  Its on the Pegula's for not being patient enough nor making good decisions on their hires.  It took forever, basically since Jim Kelly but the Bills are formidable again.  

Edited by amplified0ne

On 3/17/2021 at 11:30 AM, BarnBurner said:

Especially considering they've had eight top ten draft choices in a row, including a 1st overall, and two seconds. 

I just read a SN article ranking the best 1-10th overalls from 2010-2020...

Buffalo sure had a lot of guys in that list lol...they did get crowned for the best second overall the last decade in Eichel.

Guess what though?  EP was ranked as the best 5th overall of the decade - beating some pretty big names - and QHs was ranked the best 7th overall pick, over even Schieffele which is pretty impressive.

And Podz was given honourable mention as perhaps the best pick at 10, but given when he went had to go to Rantanen though (for now - actually talked about Podz before they went into Miko lol)...

Buffalo ... wow.  Col also had quite a few picks - two 4ths ...

JB also got the best 23 of the decade in BB.   With a 30 team league what are the odds of having 3 of the best picks over ten years anyways?  1/10 per draft slot ... so i'd say one would be average. 

• Cheers 1