The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jimmy Vesey | #24 | LW

-Vintage Canuck-

55 minutes ago, lmm said:

this says to me that Jimmer and Greenie both think we have a chance to make the playoffs 

and Greenie wants a veteran group and he doesn't want rookies (Michaelis, MacEwan, Juolevi, Lind, Gadjovich, Bailey, Graovac...) impeding his play off chances

I think this also says that they will grow their offensive players first, and when they reach their prime, they will start working on defensive players

that should work, huh?

Sure?

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Weisbrod went to Harvard.

Was there ever any doubt they were gonna claim him?

Might make it more surprising that we did claim Vesey. Weisbrod seems like one of those Crimson alums who loves to tell everyone “I went to Harvard.” Those guys tend not to like having someone else around who can make the same claim.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mll said:

Carolina claimed Forsberg from Edmonton as insurance in case they lost Nedeljkovic who they had to waive to get to their taxi squad.  Once Nedeljkovic cleared they waived Forsberg the next day who was then claimed by Winnipeg (because they had just lost Comrie).

I think it would have been worth it to claim Nedeljkovic, even if we carried 3 goalies...

49 minutes ago, BPA said:

Don't think LE is going to Utica.  As far as I'm aware, it would mean LE would get more real $$$ as it would not be subject to Escrow.  Don't think Aquilini wants to lose more $$ than necessary. 

It’s unbelievable isn’t it? LE has is a cancer extraordinaire 

• RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, lmm said:

this says to me that Jimmer and Greenie both think we have a chance to make the playoffs 

and Greenie wants a veteran group and he doesn't want rookies (Michaelis, MacEwan, Juolevi, Lind, Gadjovich, Bailey, Graovac...) impeding his play off chances

I think this also says that they will grow their offensive players first, and when they reach their prime, they will start working on defensive players

that should work, huh?

Green tended to lean on his vets on the Comets as well.  He doesn't have the job security as Jim Benning so it's hard to blame him for wanting to protect his job leaning on vets for the Canucks as well.

12 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

It’s unbelievable isn’t it? LE has is a cancer extraordinaire 

no he's just not good anymore. He hasn't earned that label, apparently his teammates really likes him. 

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, lmm said:

that should work, huh?

Or how about the Canucks have 5 injured forwards where they almost had to dress a D as F last game, and quarantine rules don't make make call ups any easier.  That other stuff....

Edited by Angry Goose
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

35 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

On Hastings?

Is that place still a go...

(I have not lived in Van for 20 years now)

Comes with the craka sauce.

Kidding I haven’t lived in Van for 20 years either.

Edited by Me_

3 hours ago, oldnews said:

If Motte is back...

I'd assign Eriksson to Utica, and keep Michaelis on the taxi squad....for two reasons - one is cap, the other is to encourage LE to retire.

Just make Eriksson go through the gruesome school bus rides and hotdog lunches with Utica and see if he'll retire??? 

• Haha 1