The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jimmy Vesey | #24 | LW

-Vintage Canuck-

13 hours ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Not that I'm expecting much out of Vesey, but hopefully the additional will help spark a guy like Gaudette.

I said earlier that I hope this move signals that the Canucks are going to be selling this TDL.  Right now, this move gives the Leafs a bit of a cap space and they have already been open about wanting to acquire a winger.  Can't see how they would fit someone like Pearson in their cap situation, but it might work if the Canucks take back someone like Engvall and retain some of Pearson's salary.  I wouldn't be thrilled if the return for Pearson was just Engvall though.

I read that the Canucks are the only team to have two Hobey Baker winners.  Demko and Kyle Connor were the runner up to Vesey

2016 Jimmy Vesey Left Wing Harvard Boston, Massachusetts
2017 Will Butcher Defense Denver Madison, Wisconsin
2018 Adam Gaudette Center Northeastern Braintree, Massachusetts
2019 Cale Makar Defense Massachusetts Calgary, Alberta

9 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Didn't play good.

ah, no wonder he was waiver fodder. Maybe he revives his career here in Van? Would have to be a bottom six player that's for sure. No room in the top six for Vesey unless he demonstrates that he deserves a spot up there. 

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, amplified0ne said:

At this stage he might break Mike Sillinger's NHL teams played for record.  Although if he could be a Mike Sillinger type that would be found money.

Mike Sillinger was one of the best faceoff men in his era. That alone kept him employed in the NHL for numerous years

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

ah, no wonder he was waiver fodder. Maybe he revives his career here in Van? Would have to be a bottom six player that's for sure. No room in the top six for Vesey unless he demonstrates that he deserves a spot up there. 

Vesey will never be a top flight top 6.

He may be another Motte if well managed.

Edited by Me_

14 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I am sure Vesey will appreciate a billionaire’s sign of approval.  

“You’d be surprised what men will do for ribbons”

- Napoleon

People praised work much harder.

14 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Not sure if ownership will buy out anyone while he is bleeding dry from lack of revenue. I am sad to say we may be stuck with LE for one more year unless he can be traded off with a pick to a cap floor type team.

real estate is way up tho, not sure Aqua is hurting from that pov. I think he'll do it if it means the difference between a significant signing or losing a quality player and having Loui in Utica. 

11 hours ago, philtbc829 said:

Meh....there is a reason why he was on waivers....and yes perhaps he wasn't happy with where he was...blah blah...blah....but like most on here...if this means that LE is gone for good....then Yay....

Vesey was at his best playing with the Rangers which I assume, him being from the North East, is kind of like his dream team to play for (along with the Bruins). 

Getting sent to Buffalo I can imagine was kind of demotivating for him and I would think with the Covid protocols in place he's just not feeling it this year.

So maybe he's a kind of player that will be motivated to play when he's in his ideal environment and will not perform if he's not. 

21 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Vesey was at his best playing with the Rangers which I assume, him being from the North East, is kind of like his dream team to play for (along with the Bruins). 

Getting sent to Buffalo I can imagine was kind of demotivating for him and I would think with the Covid protocols in place he's just not feeling it this year.

So maybe he's a kind of player that will be motivated to play when he's in his ideal environment and will not perform if he's not. 

The one saving grace for JV is that he's entering into a team with high character, youth, and mad skill and potential, so if that doesn't motivate him, especially when he'll be given a very good chance to play, then nothing will and he'll be out of the league after this. 

• Vintage 1

18 hours ago, appleboy said:

We just found another Vey. I am so excited.

Vey is mentoring Podz right now. Has been his center for quite a few shifts at St Petes, although Linden plays mostly 2nd line C minutes. So only linemates when coach gives Podz a promotion

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Never liked the guy but maybe that will change now that he’s a Canuck. Hopefully he comes in and just works hard 

Me neither.  Hated the way he screwed Nashville.  That aside , he is a good addition possibly. 

• Cheers 1