The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jimmy Vesey | #24 | LW

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Why not rent a car for 50 bucks instead. I rent a car for 30 bucks per day to 50 bucks day all the time. 

No stress of shipping it back etc. 

He had 5 hours to get to the Canucks or quarantine I believe. Took 4.5 hours to drive to Ottawa I believe. Kind of no time I figure he had to get up and go as soon as he found out. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

I've never seen this much PR for a waiver pickup.  It's quite embarrassing but hey, this is the state of the Canucks in 2021.

Makes you wonder...

Must eat you alive when the Canucks do something that can potentially make them better or is it that they stole from your favourite team :bigblush:

ps: you seem like the same dedicated idiot who keeps coming back to have his lunch fed to him by the real fans.

Edited by CanuckleHorse
  • Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, apollo said:

What does Vesey have in common with 

The great Brendan Morrison... 

The iconic Ryan Miller... 

The north van icon Paul Kariya? 

Cale makar? 

Some noobs like Johnny Gaudreau, Jack eichel too? 

They've won the same trophy and Jimmy has a good shot at impacting our team. 

It's ok to support the team bro... Let it out ;)

Adam Gaudette.:ph34r:

Apollo tells Newbie to lighten up!

:lol:

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, apollo said:

Hey Coach sorry to come at u again but this is brutal... Is it embarrassing or are u just permanently glass half empty? 

If something like this embarrasses u, that's not good bro. 

Let's forget that we're in a pandemic and everyone is starving for news... And that every team is doing their best to generate content... Youre really upset they interviewed the new guy? 

Also your trolling makes its sound like we picked up Chaput... 

What does Vesey have in common with 

The great Brendan Morrison... 

The iconic Ryan Miller... 

The north van icon Paul Kariya? 

Cale makar? 

Some noobs like Johnny Gaudreau, Jack eichel too? 

They've won the same trophy and Jimmy has a good shot at impacting our team. 

It's ok to support the team bro... Let it out ;)

It has nothing to do with the player and it has everything to do with the state of the team.  Look at any time FA tweets on Twitter; he's flooded with a bunch of messages telling him to Fire Benning, Fire Green, etc.

When we claimed Tom Sestito, Reid Boucher, Brandon McMilan, Ryan Stanton, Dale Weise, etc, there was never anything more than 1-2 tweets, if that, about the players.  There's been 4-5 tweets alone + full media availability for Jimmy Vesey, who, with respect to him, is a 3rd line player.  Kinda fishy, don't you think?

To me, it seems the Canucks PR team has been instructed to play up this claim as much as possible so long as it distracts and appeases the fans from the general issues at hand (team with tons of holes, unhappy fanbase, etc).  Heck, FA himself has resorted to tweeting every night about the games we play.  I'm not sure he even tweeted this much when we were playing in the playoff bubble.

I support the team but I'm also realistic with the state of the team, and the state ain't pretty.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I don't expect him to make a huge difference but at least he's a warm body that keeps useless trash like Eriksson out of the lineup.

dunno, I think he might jump on Pearsons spot and really try to make a go of it. He's not making the money I'm sure he hoped he would, we might be getting a very motivated guy. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

dunno, I think he might jump on Pearsons spot and really try to make a go of it. He's not making the money I'm sure he hoped he would, we might be getting a very motivated guy. 

Would be happy to see him exceed expectations but he was waived for a reason.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Would be happy to see him exceed expectations but he was waived for a reason.

they're betting they can get more out of Galchenyuk... I'm not planning a parade route for them on that one either. 

Its a free asset, I do see why they'd take him, just hoping for a motivated player. 

With the injuries piling up, he would be an upgrade over Eriksson and Michaelis.

But I wasn't particularly impressed with Vesey's game when we played against the Leafs.

Hopefully he will do well here. Who knows, he could score some key goals for us against the Habs and help us get two wins in the regulation.

• Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Good point, I wonder about Pearson. Is he injured? Is he tradeable? I'm hoping Vesey comes in and takes a top 6 position and runs with it. Guess we'll see tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

It has nothing to do with the player and it has everything to do with the state of the team.  Look at any time FA tweets on Twitter; he's flooded with a bunch of messages telling him to Fire Benning, Fire Green, etc.

When we claimed Tom Sestito, Reid Boucher, Brandon McMilan, Ryan Stanton, Dale Weise, etc, there was never anything more than 1-2 tweets, if that, about the players.  There's been 4-5 tweets alone + full media availability for Jimmy Vesey, who, with respect to him, is a 3rd line player.  Kinda fishy, don't you think?

To me, it seems the Canucks PR team has been instructed to play up this claim as much as possible so long as it distracts and appeases the fans from the general issues at hand (team with tons of holes, unhappy fanbase, etc).  Heck, FA himself has resorted to tweeting every night about the games we play.  I'm not sure he even tweeted this much when we were playing in the playoff bubble.

I support the team but I'm also realistic with the state of the team, and the state ain't pretty.

I'm curious. What moves would you make to improve the team?

Fire JB, Green, and his assistants? Then, hire who? 

And then what roster moves?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, khay said:

I'm curious. What moves would you make to improve the team?

Fire JB, Green, and his assistants? Then, hire who? 

And then what roster moves?

Yes, replacing the GM would be a move that the team should consider. 

As for roster moves, they should look to maximize the value of some of their periphery/support players, such as Pearson/Motte, who won't be around in the long-term.  Maybe, they even probe into the "foundational" group and consider trading Sutter for something.

If they don't run out of time, it would be nice to see them start talking with their RFAs about signing extensions.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Yes, replacing the GM would be a move that the team should consider. 

As for roster moves, they should look to maximize the value of some of their periphery/support players, such as Pearson/Motte, who won't be around in the long-term.  Maybe, they even probe into the "foundational" group and consider trading Sutter for something.

If they don't run out of time, it would be nice to see them start talking with their RFAs about signing extensions.

Motte is young enough to be around long term, like 3 more years.

Pearson and Sutter? Sure. If we lose the next 2 games against the Habs, that's when we start looking around to see what sort of deal is available for those two.

But are those move enough? The moves you proposed are peripheral/support players. If the state of the franchise is truly ugly as you say, then those two moves shouldn't all of a sudden make it pretty because if it does... well, then the state of the franchise isn't all that ugly.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Good point, I wonder about Pearson. Is he injured? Is he tradeable? I'm hoping Vesey comes in and takes a top 6 position and runs with it. Guess we'll see tomorrow.

not sure about Pears, I'd expect day to day given that he came back out to give it a try but sometimes things swell up when they take the skates off. So we'll see. I think the people doing the "dim Jim" thing are out to lunch, the Canucks are playing to win right now so there's zero chance he'd be sat just incase of a trade. 

29 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I bet Buffalo and Toronto also thought they were getting a motivated guy.