The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jimmy Vesey | #24 | LW

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Doubt it. Minimum earner with a bit of size and scoring ability. No risk move.

no risk?

bringing Leafs stink to our bunch of clear livers is always a risky move

how is jimmer making out on the "Character guy" scale?

1 minute ago, lmm said:

no risk?

bringing Leafs stink to our bunch of clear livers is always a risky move

how is jimmer making out on the "Character guy" scale?

Lol, picks up a guy who bitched his way out of 2 teams.   I hope he does well here....

not holding my breath 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, sassbs said:

Lol, picks up a guy who bitched his way out of 2 teams.   I hope he does well here....

not holding my breath 

well he's coming ot a team with a lot of Americans on the roster.  Maybe that will have an effect

1 minute ago, Dirtman said:

Why not? Legit question, I don't know much about him.

Just how he held out with Nashville and demanded out after not even playing a NHL game. I’m not into that. Also I hate everyone on the leafs hahah

However it’s been a long time since then and Is a good depth move. He’s got scoring touch too, never know might be really good for us 

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah I probably got ahead of myself there. 

Will be interesting to see if he gels with anyone though. Maybe he and Gaud's can have some kind of Boston-kid chemistry. 

I really like moves like these though. You can't always really tell as a fan what exactly a player on other teams are. Sometimes a move can do a guy wonders and he just clicks on a new team in a new role with different players and different expectations. Here's hoping!

• Cheers 2

We probably aren't going to see a huge upside (if any). He was at the bottom of the Leafs roster and got waived for that reason. Maybe a temporary experiment shakes things up for a couple more wins though, so who knows? My expectations are very low.

"he was gifted the initial starting spot of being on the Tavares and Nylander line, and has steadily underwhelmed in the bottom six roles."
https://theleafsnation.com/2021/02/24/trying-to-understand-why-jimmy-vesey-plays-every-night/

• Cheers 2

I remember when he was considered a 'highly coveted' free agent after he didn't sign with NSH and finished college.  Easy to say in hindsight, but I wasn't impressed with him back then and didn't see what all the 'hype' was over this guy.   JB's time in BOS probably overlapped Vesey's stint in Harvard so he may know something about him as a player. 

Cheap, expiring, low-risk depth acquisition - hopefully he's a 'team first' kind of player - guess we'll find out soon. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I really like moves like these though. You can't always really tell as a fan what exactly a player on other teams are. Sometimes a move can do a guy wonders and he just clicks on a new team in a new role with different players and different expectations. Here's hoping!

17 goals twice... OK size... cheap... not the worst GMing ever.

Gaud's needs something to spark him, maybe this is it? probably expecting too much there but its a no-risk move either way.

• Cheers 1