The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jimmy Vesey | #24 | LW

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, johngould21 said:

Some have Michaelis on their roster projections, I think Boyd is a better fit for a 3rd or 4th line guy.

Maybe. I want neither on the team. Think Mac, Bailey, Gadj, Graovac (if resigned), Highmore (if here after ED) and Lind are the unestablished players that should be rotated in and out in the bottom 6. Think we can do better in FA this year than Boyd if we want a cheap 4th line replacement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-P said:

Maybe. I want neither on the team. Think Mac, Bailey, Gadj, Graovac (if resigned), Highmore (if here after ED) and Lind are the unestablished players that should be rotated in and out in the bottom 6. Think we can do better in FA this year than Boyd if we want a cheap 4th line replacement.

I agree with that. I doubt very much that either Boyd or Vesey are back next year. The Canucks have a number of prospects playing in the AHL that have more potential upside.

23 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I agree with that. I doubt very much that either Boyd or Vesey are back next year. The Canucks have a number of prospects playing in the AHL that have more potential upside.

We need to fill the farm team roster too, though.   Some of these fringe players would be good call ups if in Abbotsford.   Also, JB needs to get the pipeline filled by getting some of our European prospects on ELCs, like Karlsson, Costmar and the young Finns and Russians, and get them over to the farm where we can direct their progress.

Edited by Googlie

39 minutes ago, Googlie said:

We need to fill the farm team roster too, though.   Some of these fringe players would be good call ups if in Abbotsford.   Also, JB needs to get the pipeline filled by getting some of our European prospects on ELCs, like Karlsson, Costmar and the young Finns and Russians, and get them over to the farm where we can direct their progress.

I agree that they will need to fill a lot of holes on the farm team but two things that come into play are the AHL rules and limitations for veteran players and also the financial cost to have them on the team. Players like Vesey, Michaelis, Boyd and Hawyrluk are significant hits on an AHL payroll; esp. if Eriksson is buried on the farm team as well. It is far more likely the Abby club will sign known players like Arseneau and Stevens and then dip into the AHL free agent pool for a lot of the others. IMO, Hawyrluk and Graovac are likely and Bailey will be qualified as well.