The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jimmy Vesey | #24 | LW

-Vintage Canuck-

18 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

And I thought Benning was all for the Tyler power....but something else is boiling underneath....the team of J's

13 minutes ago, oldnews said:

wait, isn't Benning's name Jim explains alot.

And this is being reported on by... "J"eff ?!  :frantic:

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yup. Chemistry is a weird thing in sports. We'll know quickly if its there or not. 

I'd be maybe a bit more excited by the move if Vesey was still an RFA at the end of this year, as we'll need cheapie F's next year, but whatever, good move on Jim's part, zero risk whatsoever. 

I wonder if they put a claim in on Forsberg and got scooped by Ottawa. 

Wouldn't Ottawa have first crack, being lower in the standings?

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

Wouldn't Ottawa have first crack, being lower in the standings?

53 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I wonder if they put a claim in on Forsberg and got scooped by Ottawa. 

We'd have to keep him on the roster if we claimed him anyway...

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm just concerned about Mikey D not getting any playing time, I wish he was in Utica. 

How does that help us?

Again, we'd have to keep Forsberg on the main roster if we claim him. If we re-waive him to get him to the Taxi Squad and replace MDP, he either gets claimed by someone or the Jets get him back and automatically get to send him to their TS.

Still doesn't replace MDP.

Only way to do that is trade for a goalie that's already cleared waivers or sign a guy and try to waive him/have him clear.

Wasn't Vesey Miller's winger in the US U-20 team a few years back?  A goal and 4 assists in 7 games, and was a +3 that series.  I thought that was one of the reasons he cited when he joined the Rangers - to play with JT again as a pro

Ah - found the article.  It was his childhood friend, Kevin Hayes, he was excited to play with

Edited by Googlie
  • Cheers 1

Just now, aGENT said:

How does that help us?

Again, we'd have to keep Forsberg on the main roster if we claim him. If we re-waive him to get him to the Taxi Squad and replace MDP, he either gets claimed by someone or the Jets get him back and automatically get to send him to their TS.

Only way to do that is trade for a goalie that's already cleared waivers or sign a guy and try to waive him/have him clear.

ah, now I get it. Thanks for the clarification. 

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I rather see it as a 1a, 1b, and 1c.... or 2a, 2b, 2c... it's not a line 1, 2, 3.

It's basically spreading out the offence to have 3 scoring lines.

I don’t agree with this approach . Your best player needs to play high minutes , and touching the puck constantly and with teammates who can finish . Those two right there are not it.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

How does that help us?

or they could simply assign DiPietro and recall either Gillies or Kielly...