The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion: acquiring Wahlstrom/ Bellow cost

11 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

What would you be asking for either BoHo or BB - whatever that is I'd say NYI would expect similar regardless if Lee is injured or not. 

Whalstrom maybe. I'm not sure bellows holds that much value at this point 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

What would you be asking for either BoHo or BB - whatever that is I'd say NYI would expect similar regardless if Lee is injured or not. 

It think Wahlstrom is worth a BoHo or BB level of value but I think Bellows is more in the Virtanen/Joulevi type value.  I don't think NYI will want to move either of them and I don't think we want to pay the price to acquire either of them.

The Isles have six forwards locked into deals that range from 3-7 years at dollar amounts that range from 5-7M. I don't see the Isles being all that keen on moving out a young forward who could potentially contribute on an ELC in Wahlstrom, let alone below market value. Cost controlled youth costs a premium.

As for Bellows, not sure. But he'd probably cost something decent. 

Edited by Coconuts

I don't know enough about their career progression so far, but based off their depth chart it looks like Bellows is slotted as their #1 LW (in Lee's place), while Wahlstrom plays on their 1st PP (and 3rd RW).  I don't think that they're in a hurry to move them (unless we make someone like Miller available). 

Vancouver probably shouldn't be looking to add wingers at this point anyways either (Podkolzin coming, and we need to save room for depth guys, plus Bellows is RFA and may be expensive given how he performs).  If anything I'd rather add a bit more and gun for either Mayfield or Dobson (Pulock will be expensive).  

On 3/17/2021 at 6:19 PM, Junkyard Dog said:

Islanders don’t really have a lot of young forwards on their roster. I don’t think they would be too keen on giving up some of their better forward prospects. 

And i think the idea of trading BoHo or BB for him is equally ridiculous given he's just getting started and hasn't proven himself yet. 

• Like 1

I’d say Wahlstrom equivalent to what we’d want for Podkolzin and Bellows is trending to be a bottom 6 guy. Turns 23 this summer and would probably cost the equivalent to Lind. Honestly with them needing a top 6 you could probably send them Pearson with Bellows being the main piece coming back but I’d honestly rather have a 2nd round pick where we can get a guy with top 6 potential.

Edited by flickyoursedin

If NYI really wants to go for it, I would entertain the thought of...

Miller = Wahlstrom + Wilde

Miller = Dobson + Wilde

Something along this line of thinking. 

I would think Miller would want to go to a contender while still in his prime.  And Canucks get young building blocks to add to the core.