The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ian Clark chances of contract renewal

Rate this topic

boscorevat

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

I am sure that JB will appreciate Friedman reminding him of this. Probably JB wasn't even aware that Ian's contract was expiring, and was even less aware that Ian has any value to the team.

Because as our "realistic fans" never get tired of pointing out, JB is just a blind squirrel fumbling around aimlessly and occasionally getting lucky. 

It it is critical that we dump JB immediately, before he throws away all the great assets he has been fortunate enough to have fall into his lap despite his clear incompetence.

Ideally we get rid of him before the entry draft, because without Brackett there to hold his hand, his employment history makes it clear that he has no clue whatsoever about how to evaluate the quality of young players.

100%

Oh...Eliot Freidman says we should sign Ian Clark soon.   That means we should do the opposite and relax.  In fact it means his re-signing is inevitable. You just wait. lol I love CDC

With Benning's track record of losing off-ice talent, I don't know how folks can have that kind of confidence. Benning seems to want to maneuver the firings of anyone in the organization that looks to be doing better at their job, getting more good press, than he is at his job.  Brackett was just the latest.

Edited by kilgore

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

With Benning's track record of losing off-ice talent, I don't know how folks can have that kind of confidence. Benning seems to want to maneuver the firings of anyone in the organization that looks to be doing better at their job, getting more good press, than he is at his job.  Brackett was just the latest.

The list is becoming a long one, Gilman, Brackett, along with Linden, Henning and de Boers all good at their jobs, I hope Clarke is not added to the list

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

I've made many many posts on this topic all season long.

Ian Clark should be priority #1.

He was here for 8 seasons before leaving for CBJ 

He's been back for 3 seasons now.. obviously he likes it here. Has a great young goalie in Demmer to work with..

I think Aqua has frozen all re signings and extensions until the off-season..  covid is costing him millions. He's waiting until the off-season to see what he will spend next season. 

He better not lose Clark. It would be a travesty.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Fred65 said:

The list is becoming a long one, Gilman, Brackett, along with Linden, Henning and de Boers all good at their jobs, I hope Clarke is not added to the list

Gilman is a big one.. followed by Brackett but he wanted full control of scouting without having to answer to or take input from JB. 

No GM going to do that..

Malhotra is another one but not sure why he left. Maybe he just wanted to go to Toronto for personal reasons or thinks they are closer to winning a Cup..

12 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Gilman is a big one.. followed by Brackett but he wanted full control of scouting without having to answer to or take input from JB. 

No GM going to do that..

For what it's worth, once Benning came out with this quote, someone in Brackett's camp denied it.

So right now it's a he said she said situation.

7 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

For what it's worth, once Benning came out with this quote, someone in Brackett's camp denied it.

So right now it's a he said she said situation.

I believe JB 100% on that. Brackett was already fired by then. His management obviously doesn't want that hanging out there while he's looking for a new job..

Plus JB is too much meat and potatoes to come up with a lie and put it out there like that.  He's too simple minded and sometimes too honest with the media and it often makes him look bad.. 

33 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

No GM going to do that..

Malhotra is another one but not sure why he left. Maybe he just wanted to go to Toronto for personal reasons or thinks they are closer to winning a Cup..

Uh Malhotra left to take a job on the bench. It is a promotion he ain't gonna get from us this season. 

22 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Elliotte Friedman says Canucks should be signing Ian Clark's extension now.  Says waiting will bite them. Thoughts?

For me it seems to be a no brainer.  If JB's hands are tied by ownership he should be finding a way.  If Aqua has not been involved then it seems very curious.

Has Clark expressed a desire to go elsewhere?  I have not heard that reported.

Meanwhile... why is DiPietro still not playing anywhere...

Thanks all. Look forward to hearing your comments.

You're welcome

Letting Clark walk, who is easily the best associate coach we have, would be the most Canucks thing ever.

He should have been offered a contract at the start of the year considering Demko is in his first season as an NHL starter, and the body of work he's already done... I mean Markstrom should be paying the guy royalties on his bloated contract.

5 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

He's too simple minded and sometimes too honest with the media and it often makes him look bad.. 

Your talking about our messiah leading the team to glory ..... simple minded  ... I'll say this it explains some of the FA signings LOL

• Haha 1

Imo, with the Pandemic affecting everything, the ownership & upper management are evaluating everything.  When this season is over or perhaps by the trade deadline some of our questions as fans will be answered and probably some more important decisions will be made in the off season.  One suggestion that might help is stop listening to the shat stirrers - Friedman, local media & etc - and just watch the game(s) then go here to vent/celebrate...

At this point, let's just enjoy them hopefully beat the Habs in both games or at the very least try; they have to have an answer to the Habs aggressive forechecking to have a chance.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

7 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Imo, with the Pandemic affecting everything, the ownership & upper management are evaluating everything.  When this season is over or perhaps by the trade deadline some of our questions as fans will be answered and probably some more important decisions will be made in the off season.  One suggestion that might help is stop listening to the shat stirrers - Friedman, local media & etc - and just watch the game.

At this point, let's just enjoy them hopefully beat the Habs in both games or at the very least try; they have to have an answer to the Habs aggressive forechecking to have a chance.

Team needs more puck support to deal with Hans for check.  One more good pass coming out of our zone and their should be some 2 on 1’s

3 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Team needs more puck support to deal with Hans for check.  One more good pass coming out of our zone and their should be some 2 on 1’s

Yeah, let's see if some adjustments had been made to mitigate their forecheck which looks very similar to Vegas' strategy in last years playoffs.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 9:19 PM, aGENT said:

Is there ANY facts in this thread or just a bunch of melodramatic conjecture?

I think the one fact you can count on is that Ian Clark is not signed for next year

how many facts do you need?

On 3/17/2021 at 2:05 PM, boscorevat said:

I have read somewhere that the Canucks haven't renewed Ian Clarks contract yet and also he most likely won't come back next year. He wasn't offered an extension when he was with Columbus mid-season and walked after the season. I would really hope that the Canucks would renew his contract but I don't think that's gonna happen. What do you guys think about his chances of getting his contract renewed? I don't think he'll be back but I really hope that I'm wrong since he's a great goalie coach. I think that if he leaves, then I don't think Demko will be the same without him. I think he should be a top priority to get re-signed because of how well he develops goalies. If I'm wrong about my statement about Clark, then I hope someone could enlighten me.

never believe anything until you see it..