The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Some Prep Needed For Jim Benning

Rate this topic

Seeker1

Why is "HEAD COACH GREEN" on that list for re-signing soon?????  Even 91% of the fans didn't want his contract renewed immediately (see other CDC Poll).  He's an interim AHL Calibre coach.  No more - No less and will NEVER take us to the promised land!

Explain/Logic Pls ?????

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • RoughGame 1

On 3/18/2021 at 8:28 PM, runtzguy said:

JB needs to be fired

I thinks it's somewhat safe to say JB's done "a reasonable" job at drafting and picking peas in a pod but a pooper job at signings and even worse at trades - especially trading players before their contracts expire so we get something/anything for them instead of just walking out the front door.  For some reason he strikes me as a guy that can get out-maneuvered/outsmarted by other GM's in trade talks - which has always worried me.  So I'd like to see his role focused more so on drafting and NOT at all on contracts/Trades.  

I'm very skeptical about this division of power ever happening and based on this, I'd say we are very likely going to see his days numbered here.  If he manages to survive past the end of this season he should only be given one more season to a see what he can do handling the three star player re-signings and this years $20+M of expiring contracts.  If he screws that up, FIRE HIM so we have another GM taking care of next years $22M worth of expiring contracts and at least have a chance to salvage something out of these two years of freed up money/contracts. These next two off seasons are a rare window of opportunity that will set this team up for the next 4-5 years - so it's a critical period.

As for our AHL coach - he MUST be removed immediately along with some of our special teams coaches.   I, like many of you commenting on here, am getting tired of watching the same old perimeter style conservative plays over and over and over again for the last several years that produce the same weak results.  If we've figured it out sitting on our couches, then you can bet other teams have and why we get shut down so much.   We need new coaching strategies and plays to be instilled in our young players and I think the existing coaching staff are out of ideas.

Fingers crossed!