The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 19, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

So there are two different lists of requirements. 1) Who is eligable to be selected (and the team must use a protection slot on if they wish to keep them). And 2) Minimum exposure requirements. Each team must leave a minimum number of "veterans" exposed. 

Joulevi meets the 1) criteria and must be protected if we don't want Seattle to be able to take him. But he needs more games played to meet the 2) requirements for an exposed veteran D man.

Makes sense to me, the young D who don't need to be protected who are worth mentioning are: Hughes, Rathbone, Woo, and Tryamkin. 

2 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

So no Pettersson, no Pearson, what about Beagle?

Michaelis back on taxi squad

Lineup something like:

Pearson Hoglander Horvat Virtanen

Vesey Miller Pettersson Boeser

Hawryluk Michaelis Sutter Motte

Roussel Beagle Gaudette MacEwen

Edler Schmidt

Hughes Hamonic

Benn Myers

Demko (Holtby)

Michaelis was recalled by the Canucks a few minutes ago.

1 minute ago, IRR said:

I've been away a couple of months due to a serious family situation, but i don't miss s*** like this...just sooo ignorant / stupid!! Either it's that or trolling, but it's not a good look either way! 

Cheers.... welcome back IRR...

57 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

This started with Gillis but it is just a form of gamesmanship cause teams will certainly take such information for granted; if you were a coach/player wouldn’t you ?

I mean, does it really change your game? How do you target a knee in today’s game? An upper body injury or right shoulder injury, what’s the difference in your strategy? Lol. Whatever, I just want to know what the hell is wrong with him. 

Lowkey a little pumped to see vesey. It would be great if this is where he turns things around. Putting him with Miller and boes might just do that you never know. It would be in the Canucks best interest to get him going early. Horvat with hogz and jake seems like a good line as well. Let’s hope they can string something together. TOUGH BATTLE NEXT TWO GAMES CRUCIAL TO THE SEASON LETS GOOOOO

Just now, x00x said:

rofl if he even EVER plays in the NHL again

I would love to see him here before anywhere else though. I get a lot of people aren’t high on him anymore but at least let the guy come over and see what he can do. He’s massive and skates well and can hold his own. I’d like to see him here again before he potentially ends up on another NHL team and becomes an absolute force. Then again it’s all based on what if’s, he could turn out to be absolute dog water in the NHL

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Convincing John said:

I’m tired of the vague injury reports. I don’t understand how it’s evolved to this. What’s the motive? If other teams learn that EP has a right shoulder injury, do they think they’ll target that injury? Pretty soon it’s just going to be “body injury” 

Hard to pinpoint how much this hurts the avg fan..almost like it bruises your soul, scrambling for thought on a day-to-day basis!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

You saw that Canucks Army ridiculous article too?

Cool.

Lets mess with the lineup which has gone on this winning streak. 

I know not the article of which you speak...I just think he needs to play...there's that tension between win now and prepare for the future I know and it's a tough call...I don't think he's be a big drop from say.. Benn...but who knows

• Vintage 1

Just now, Canucksince99 said:

I would love to see him here before anywhere else though. I get a lot of people aren’t high on him anymore but at least let the guy come over and see what he can do. He’s massive and skates well and can hold his own. I’d like to see him here again before he potentially ends up on another NHL team and becomes an absolute force. Then again it’s all based on what if’s, he could turn out to be absolute dog water in the NHL

I'd love to see him over here again to see what he can do. Even if he's just a 16-18 minute per night #5 D who can PK, I'd be happy. I wouldn't hold my breath on his return though. 50/50 odds (my baseless speculation, I'm not claiming to be an authority) he never steps foot in North America again imo.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Moe Knows said:

I know not the article of which you speak...I just think he needs to play...there's that tension between win now and prepare for the future I know and it's a tough call...I don't think he's be a big drop from say.. Benn...but who knows

Are you talking about OJ? OJ has literally proved in the games he’s played that he deserves to play. The guy is so responsible always looking for the safe plays and he can throw some decent hits too. He’s young and is more important to our future than Benn. He should definitely be playing instead of Benn who makes a lot of dumb mistakes. Benn is reliable only when he’s playing at the top of his game. 

8 minutes ago, x00x said:

rofl if he even EVER plays in the NHL again

He fully intends to, is my understanding.  But he needs to sign before he starts the visa paperwork, both here, residence and work, and US -  the visiting athlete's visa.  And he needs the Visa before he can get over, late summer, to acclimate and find somewhere to live. If he intends to buy, then surely he is looking for term.  My guess (uneducated) is he's looking at 5 years. He's a loyal guy, and I can't see him being interested in 1 or 2 years to tide him to UFA status, then bolt