The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 19, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, Zhukini said:

No they’d still have 4 games in hand. 

Trying way to hard to put the team down. Who could have saw it coming from a zhukini phoebe.

Just about everyone. See zhukini on the scroll you know what you're getting. It's like buying 4 burritos for yourself on Sunday because they're cheap. ::D:lol::rolleyes::bored:

Edited by Gawdzukes

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Lol

We'd make up 2 games by having more points than them. So they would have 2 games to get ahead we would need to make up for rest of season. 

Plus the 2 pts we are down now..

Cureently

28 games 34 pts

33 games 32 pts

Lol

you managed to get the math twice there.

the Habs have played 29 games not 28.

if we swept them we’d be 2 points up, that’s a 1 game difference, not 2 considering they have more regulation and regulation/ot wins and are winning the season series...

12 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Trying way to hard to put the team down. Who could have saw it coming from a zhukini phoebe.

Just about everyone. See zhukini on the scroll you know what you're getting. It's like buying 4 burritos for yourself on Sunday because they're cheap. ::D:lol::rolleyes::bored:

Are you ok?

A short recap

MTL has points in all the games they have played Against Van. Even the Canucks 2 wins have been in SO. MTL is 5w 0 L 0 OTL and 2 SO against Van 

Simply put Mtl is to Van as Van is to OTT.

If the Canucks can find away to win both games in regulation they would be 17w 16L and 2 OT 36pts

Leaving MTL at 13W 10L 8OT 34 pts and 4 games in hand.

These are the last 2 games against these 2 teams and the Canucks fate would only be partial in their own hands. MTL holds 4 games in hand and would only be 2 pts behind, the Canucks would have to out pace MTL in pts going forward to make up for the the games in hand. It is foreseeable and even conceivable, This could all come down to the tiebreaks and the Canucks hold the first advantage 

3. The greater number of games won, excluding games won by Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column. (The Canucks could win the tie breaker because MTL has so many OTL points)

4. The greater number of points earned in games against each other among two or more tied clubs. (MTL controls this one clearly.)

What does this all mean the Canucks as bad and as far as they were in the beginning still have a chance

Edited by Arrow 1983

13 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

Are you ok?

Yeah, just getting tired of the BS, but carry on.

Have you ever made a positive comment ... like ever? It just seems like you show up just to crap on the team. you stick out like a sore thumb. Tell me if I'm mistaken.

Edited by Gawdzukes

42 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I would tend to agree, in this case cause the staff is the only group that has remained intact while the roster has seen some changes.  Imo, it is the staffs' job to prep the team, set expectations and put it all together on game day; ofcourse, the execution is on the players and I would argue, if a vet high minute eater struggle that player should sit but "this staff" is uncomfortable setting such a standard/precedence - if I was a rookie, it means I have to play perfect hockey to get in (perhaps a good thing but it also sends a bad message).

Yeah that's kind of my thinking - the issues in their own end seems to be bigger than any particular players.  I'm not into bitching and complaining at coaches or players, cuz it's a fast game and $&!# happens.  That's truly true.  And I know nothing of their inside operations.  But that ability to get around an aggressive forecheck is their achilles heel.  If they just flipped the puck quick out to centre all game tmrw night I bet we'd see a big improvement!  We'll see - watch for it - report back what you see.

28 minutes ago, GoCanucks16 said:

why do we have the loser point again?

montreal has 8 points from losing games this season... not cool tbh

I said it elsewhere a few months ago ..... the IIHF have it absolutely right in their round-robin games, in my opinion.  3 points league-wide for every game.  Regulation winner gets 3 points, loser gets zero. Game tied after regulation, each team gets 1 point, and O/T or shootout winner gets that extra point 

• Cheers 3

Edmonton beating Winnipeg didn't help the cause today. 

I still think Edmonton is our best chance. 

We play them like 6 more times,. Have the even number of games played and back 8 points. 

That means we control our destiny still against them. 

Who knows. One injury on McDavid and that last spot is ours... 

Time to tell Erikson to sweep the leg. 

3 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

At the first game he ever played for the Canucks the Larscheiders started a chant that was Thatcher - Demko,  Thatcher - Demko...it was prescient!

I was there, it was against the Blue Jackets,  if i remember correctly Canucks blew a 3-0 lead in the third and ended up winning in overtime... 

On further inspection it was a 4-1 lead with 4 minutes left. 

Edited by DS4quality

2 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

LOL my god peoples math  

they will still have 4 games in hand you forgot to account for the fact the Canucks are playing MTL, I completely understand it though as the Canucks haven't shown up for the other games

It's why its so hard to play catch up. Worst thing for us moving scoreboard moving forward is 3 point games.

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

I said it elsewhere a few months ago ..... the IIHF have it absolutely right in their round-robin games, in my opinion.  3 points league-wide for every game.  Regulation winner gets 3 points, loser gets zero. Game tied after regulation, each team gets 1 point, and O/T or shootout winner gets that extra point 

Tbh I don’t see what the issue is with having a draw and the game ending. Only having OT for playoffs when each game needs a winner 

but that aside I think the 3-2-1 point system is better - rewards winning, then if the game is tied they both get 1 point and then if you win in OT/SO you get a bonus point. 

Ive got nothing against the team who loses in OT/SO getting a point because it’s essentially the point for drawing in regulation 

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Edmonton beating Winnipeg didn't help the cause today. 

I still think Edmonton is our best chance. 

We play them like 6 more times,. Have the even number of games played and back 8 points. 

That means we control our destiny still against them. 

Who knows. One injury on McDavid and that last spot is ours... 

Time to tell Erikson to sweep the leg. 

That result didn’t help, needed the jets to take the win. 

I think that they won’t drop enough to drop out of the playoff spots and think it’s between us, Habs and flames for the last spot.