The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 19, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

51 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

The NHL used to end in ties but changed the rule to increase playoff races and to make OT more exciting. Personally I'm a fan of the actual 3 on 3 but I think teams should get 3 points for a regulation win.

A team like the Habs have 8 points for losing and if the games were 3 points teams that win in regulation would balance out the loser point.

I think IIHF has that points style.

I still don't understand why no one discusses just a straightforward two points for an overtime/shootout win, no points for a loss. The standings would be cleaned up, simplified, like baseball %. Sure it hurts when the home team loses a "guaranteed" point but win or lose the drama would intensify right to the end and rivalries would increase. I can only think the league must be concerned about it being too harsh for fans, hence the crickets, but I wouldn't complain. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

He could of traded him earlier and not take it day by day 

As bad as it’s been the team is still in the conversation for playoffs. Bee are far enough along you don’t sell off before the trade deadline.  Considering guys we would sell off would net 2-4 rounders it normally takes 5 years for those players to sniff the show if at all

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

REFEREES

Kevin Pollock #33
KP33.jpg
Marc Joannette #25
MJ25.jpg
Games ’20-21 27 27
Games ’19-20 (Reg/PO) 62 / 6 63 / 8
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1392 / 205 1389 / 168
First NHL Game 3/28/00 10/1/99
Birthplace Kincardine, ON Verdun, QC

LINESMEN

Derek Nansen #70
DN70.jpg
Steve Barton #59
SB59.jpg
Games ’20-21 26 27
Games ’19-20 (Reg/PO) 63 / 9 63 / 18
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1148 / 61 1295 / 107
First NHL Game 10/11/02 11/1/00
Birthplace Ottawa, ON Vankleek Hill, ON

We're doomed. 

16 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Motivated or not. We need to win games with urgency. Every game is a playoff game right now. Playing the best players in prominent roles is the best way to do that imo. 

Vesey has 7 pts in 30 games. Been with the team 3 days.

Motte 6 pts in 16 games. Been with the team for 3 years. 

I know who I'd be starting with Bo.

Bo gets the hard minutes anyway. So motte would still retain his checking role.

Jake is on top line with 3 points. i would play Motte and Vesey with Horvat, and Hoglander Boeser and Miller for top 6

17 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Need wins in these 2 games if we hope to keep any hope of playoffs alive..

Win these 2 and MTL will only have 2 games in hand on us..

if the boys show up to play with 100% effort it could be doable. 

Montreal will still have 4 games in hand, we would close the points gap that is all

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Moe Knows said:

OJ needs to get back in the lineup..he has hemorrhoids from sitting so much...it's called player development Travis!!! In any case hope for a big win tonight

another Benning Bust, his fifth season and he is still on the taxi squad

• Sad 2
  • RoughGame 5

15 minutes ago, Moe Knows said:

OJ needs to get back in the lineup..he has hemorrhoids from sitting so much...it's called player development Travis!!! In any case hope for a big win tonight

You know it Moe! After losing the better part of two years of development to injuries this one really baffles me. This year there is no one to blame but the club.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Squamfan said:

another Benning Bust, his fifth season and he is still on the taxi squad

Seriously?? How has he been a bust??? Sure he only has 1 goal but he's been solid defensively at +3. Only dressed for 15 games I think he's been a success so far with limited opportunity. He can't impress if he doesn't get to play

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

He could of traded him earlier and not take it day by day 

Yes he could have traded him earlier. Maybe he did not choose to do so because Pearson is a player that he wanted to keep. Maybe he wanted to trade him, but there were no takers. Or maybe he couldn’t get a proper return.

It’s a lot harder being in JB’s shoes than it is being an armchair quarterback. 

51 minutes ago, Moe Knows said:

You saw that Canucks Army ridiculous article too?

Cool.

Lets mess with the lineup which has gone on this winning streak. 

• Vintage 1