The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Vanilla Wars [Game Over]

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, BoKnows said:

If he's still alive after tonight we can assume it was a fake claim.  If he's really the sheriff the mafia don't kill him, they're giving us another green check or better yet a red hit.

This is my thinking as well. The only exception I can think of that would make sense for the mafia is if they have a Kingpin who nailed the real sheriff already and are planning on taking them out tonight. I don't think N0 KP investigations are standard here though, and this is a pretty unlikely scenario anyway. Odds are if LL is telling the truth, he'll be mafia killed tonight. If they keep him alive, he can openly share his peek next round and there's no way that's good for the mafia.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Intoewsables said:

This is my thinking as well. The only exception I can think of that would make sense for the mafia is if they have a Kingpin who nailed the real sheriff already and are planning on taking them out tonight. I don't think N0 KP investigations are standard here though, and this is a pretty unlikely scenario anyway. Odds are if LL is telling the truth, he'll be mafia killed tonight. If they keep him alive, he can openly share his peek next round and there's no way that's good for the mafia.

Odds are you are going to be taken out if he’s lying

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Intoewsables said:

The N0 investigation is in play this games. It’s in the OP. 

• Like 1
Just now, Sharpshooter said:

The N0 investigation is in play this games. It’s in the OP. 

It's pretty standard for sheriffs but I can't remember if kingpin investigations are like that. Regardless, the odds of the KP hitting the sheriff in one shot aren't great so I'm not going to worry about it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Only problem is if Intoews is MK’d which I’m guessing is going to happen, nothing is really solved and then I still want lucky lynched.

Right, I see what you're saying here now. lucky as fake sheriff can lead the town along with green peaks while the mafia takes them out each night. Hmm.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Intoewsables said:

I'm having an internal crisis because every fibre of my being tells me lucky is scum, but lynching a claimed sheriff in day 1 also seems like sub-optimal play.

And no, having a counter claim from another possible sheriff doesn't do us any good.

My thoughts exactly

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Intoewsables said:

Right, I see what you're saying here now. lucky as fake sheriff can lead the town along with green peaks while the mafia takes them out each night. Hmm.

Wait. If lucky is telling the truth, the mafia could kill me tonight and let the town lynch him tomorrow. At that point, we need lucky to hit scum with his N1 investigation or we're in serious trouble.

Can't believe I'm warming up to lynching a claimed sheriff tonight.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Intoewsables said:

Wait. If lucky is telling the truth, the mafia could kill me tonight and let the town lynch him tomorrow. At that point, we need lucky to hit scum with his N1 investigation or we're in serious trouble.

Can't believe I'm warming up to lynching a claimed sheriff tonight.

No kingpin according to page 1

• Like 1