The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Start Holtby Tomorrow, Pls

Rate this topic

Nuxfanabroad

I'm pretty sure they will start Holtby. The coaches have brains and they know that as hot as Demko is, he needs rest to be able to maintain this level of play in the upcoming two games against Winnipeg.

Overall, everyone played well tonight and if they keep it up this way tomorrow, we have a shot at winning the game even with Holtby in net.

I will lose my Sh** if they let Holtby anywhere near the net tomorrow.  We have two game left against the Jets,  then a week off.  Give him one of those games.  Tomorrow is the most important game of the season by far,  a win puts us squarely back in the race,  a loss is crippling.  

Demko is 25,  ride  him like a mule,  he does not look tired.

• Haha 4
  • RoughGame 1

28 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Don't wanna risk Thatcher's health. It's that simple.

If BH starts, plays strong & gets a W..all that mediocrity(thus far) is forgiven. You can roll out TD for both Winn tilts, then they can all rest up.

It's undoubtedly is a very important call. Make your armchair GM/coach choice..is it a yea or nay for BH?

I think that's a given. Demko will carry the load from here out, but Holtby will pickup the back of double headers.

Holtby will likely be gone in the off season and will go forward with Demko and DiPietro with possibly another 1 - 1.5 million range backup.

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I will lose my Sh** if they let Holtby anywhere near the net tomorrow.  We have two game left against the Jets,  then a week off.  Give him one of those games.  Tomorrow is the most important game of the season by far,  a win puts us squarely back in the race,  a loss is crippling.  

Demko is 25,  ride  him like a mule,  he does not look tired.

This is the Lost Vegans all over again. BLM thing, so they rescheduled to games 3 & 4 bxb. We started Marky in both. Lost both & our starter got injured.

They best not make this mistake again, only months later.

• Vintage 1

52 minutes ago, khay said:

I'm pretty sure they will start Holtby. The coaches have brains and they know that as hot as Demko is, he needs rest to be able to maintain this level of play in the upcoming two games against Winnipeg.

Overall, everyone played well tonight and if they keep it up this way tomorrow, we have a shot at winning the game even with Holtby in net.

Coaches will probably assess based on how each guy is doing, and if Holtby starts but falters early I hope they put Demko back in.

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

If BH starts, plays strong & gets a W..all that mediocrity(thus far) is forgiven. You can roll out TD for both Winn tilts, then they can all rest up.

It's undoubtedly a very important call. Make your armchair GM/coach choice..is it a yea or nay for BH?

devil's advocte -what happens if BH craps the bed - a lot of momentum could be lost

• Cheers 1

100% Holtby tomorrow. You don't sign a former Vezina winner back up to play your young buck in back to back nights midst a 4 in 6. This is how players get hurt or burn out. We still have a good chunk of the season left and we need Demko to be at peak performance the rest of the season.

Stay the course. Has Green even played a goalie in back to back nights as our coach?

Common sense says Holtby plays on a b2b. We don't want to ruin a good thing by overworking Demko. Let him rest 2 days for the first Winnipeg game. And if he's sharp, play him the second too. Besides, we don't want Holtby to sit too long. The longer he sits the harder it will be for him when he plays again.

26 minutes ago, rychicken said:

devil's advocte -what happens if BH craps the bed - a lot of momentum could be lost

Then toss him to the Maple Fleas! Apparently they're desperate, & that fanbase has turned on Andersen.

Holtby, Jake & a 3rd

Anderson, Mikheyev & a 2nd. His hit expires at season-end.

The cap's even, & we dump BH's ticket for next yr.

Only trub is we need to sign some GT vet-bum for expansion-exposure.

5 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

It's undoubtedly a very important call. Make your armchair GM/coach choice..is it a yea or nay for BH?

I think that will happen eventhough I love Demko. Demko does need a well deserved rest and Holtby should get some games to stay sharp.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Start Demko tomorrow.

Play Holtby in the first game back against Winnipeg.

I rather have Demko play the two jets game but I see why you want Demko against Habs. We cant lose ground on the Habs.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

It’s about the next 22 games not just tomorrow nights game.

We can’t risk Demko getting injured from being overworked.

Put in Holtby and let him prove himself.

I agree, we have to eventually give Holtby a game down the road. Best to keep Demko sharp and rested down the stretch.