The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

give holtby another shot. I think with the standings the way they are now, every non-Ottawa game is a must win. and with great luck holtby will improve his game in the second half

I literally feel sorry for him. Just sitting there patiently with his new mask. Could actually make a baby yoda meme of that. 

28 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Who starts in net tomorrow. 

I think Holtz gets the start 

I think he should. He's had games where he hasn't been great, but some of those games he was also playing behind a team playing terribly. We need him to be better, but he's not the only Nuck who's needed to be over the course of the season.

Demo cannot, and should not, play every game. That's just asking for him to get injured. The days of 70+ game starters are pretty much gone. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I think he should. He's had games where he hasn't been great, but some of those games he was also playing behind a team playing terribly. We need him to be better, but he's not the only Nuck who's needed to be over the course of the season.

Demo cannot, and should not, play every game. That's just asking for him to get injured. The days of 70+ game starters are pretty much gone. 

agreed. back when they played 60+ games shots were at all time low. I remember games were the leading team would circle back 2 or 3 times, before the referee would call for a faceoff. stupid weak side lock

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

If we win this game, I wouldn’t be surprised if we go on a run like the 2019 Blues.

Not a cup win, but sort of like what happened to them during the regular season in the second half.

"If we win this game, I wouldn’t be surprised if we go on a run like the 2019 Blues."

A cup win.  Exactly like what the 2019 Blues did. 

Edited by AlwaysACanuckFan
  • Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

Remember when everyone was saying JT Miller had an attitude problem? That attitude isn’t a problem, it’s fire, he gives a damn and it’s infectious. My hat goes off to his competitive spirt. That’s how you build a winning culture. Love his game lately. 

He doesn’t have a problem so much as he can try too hard to do it all himself when things aren’t going the Canucks’ way, which more often then not hurts the team.

he plays his best when he has a bit of an edge, but still utilizes his teammates.

Edited by NorthWestNuck
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NorthWestNuck said:

He doesn’t have a problem so much as he can try too hard to do it all himself when things aren’t going the Canucks’ way, which more often then not hurts the team.

he plays his best when he has a bit of an edge, but still utilizes his teammates.

R U SERIOUS? he just scored game winning goals in 2 of the last 3 games on plays where he took charge. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, NorthWestNuck said:

He doesn’t have a problem so much as he can try to hard to do it all himself when things aren’t going the Canucks’ way, which more often then not hurts the team.

Agreed, Kes had that same competitive edge. He was also guilty of the crimes you mentioned. It drives the players around them though. Even if they’re pissed off at him for loosing his mind it fires everyone up.  

• Upvote 1