The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, -Moose said:

Montreal deserved to win that game, we deserved to win the first one.

These 2 games have been a wash; we both take 3 points. What does that do for our playoff chances? 

we probably have about a 4% chance to make the playoffs now.

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Before people dump on Holtby, we were outshot 2-1. Shot attempts were 2-1. Screened goals. Did everything he could to keep us in it during OT and the shootout. 

Ugly game by us tonight. 

The giveaways are killing me

• Like 2

Every single attempt in that shootout was a complete disgrace. 

I'm so SICK of watching this team stop playing every time we get a lead. TWICE we got a lead. Both times it immediately became a shooting gallery in our zone. It's so unbelievably rare that this team ever keeps playing when they get a lead. So many blown leads this season, so many blown leads since Green has been here. Just an unbelievable amount of blown leads. 

Nah get a lead and go out of your way to make horrible plays including constant defensive zone turnover, stop skating and lose every single battle. It doesn't help that our defensive strategy is to make sure to give teams as much time and space as they could possibly want. 

• Like 3

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

MTL is one of these 'big tough' teams that - in reality - just gets away with breaking the rules constantly.

Yeah, I rarely gripe about the refs but it absolutely seemed tilted the past 2 games.

• Cheers 2

Just now, ilduce39 said:

3-0-1 is a tidy piece of business. 

Make the playoffs or not I hope we keep fighting.

yup.  Just keep getting the pt streak going. 8W/11 games.  At least no more habs for the season.  They are capable of imploding and play themselves out of the playoffs.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Not the result we wanted, but not the worst outcome... Had Nucks not been robbed by the refs yesterday, it would have been a decent trip to Montreal...

Whole team looks gassed. Sutter in particular... Hopefully Both Petey and Beagle back soon.

Get a couple of win against Jets and we'll be back on track...It ain't over to the fat lady sings...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1